Wednesday 8 May 2024
Thursday 9 May 2024
A bird’s eye view of Poland's solar energy landscape, which will make inventory of the latest market trends, ongoing projects, and upcoming investments. Gain insights into the market's division among residential, commercial & industrial, and utility sectors. Learn how the cost competitiveness of solar energy will enable a sustainable future.
Susanne von Aichberger
- What is happening in the market?
- Overview of ongoing and upcoming market trends
- Status of projects and investments in the pipeline
- Overview of market segmentation (Residential/C&I/Utility)
- Cost competitiveness of solar in Poland
In recent years, the development of solar PV permitting in Poland has advanced significantly. The red tape process is being streamlined to encourage investment in solar PV projects. In this session, we will share the latest changes in these areas that are imperative for developers to stay compliant with regulations, manage their budgets, and plan project timelines effectively.
- How to make the most out of the cable pooling regulation in Poland
- Snapshot of permitting rules for rolling out PV projects
- Estimated timelines to bring projects to Ready-to-build stage
- Challenges in navigating red tape
- Navigating the upcoming BESS auctions in Poland
Morning Networking Break
Join this session to gain practical know-how on Poland’s tax regulations and learn how to properly structure the financing of your Polish PV plant.
- How to finance a RES project in Poland in the most tax-effective way
- How financial costs impact the tax shield
- How profit distributions are taxed
- The crucial tax burdens having economic impact on the rentability of the project and its profit
- Exit scenario – the appropriate tax measures for exit processes and the post-exit stage
New investments in the Polish solar market are being announced at an increasing pace. Learn about the available financing options, including financing products from commercial banks and new investment funds that specialize in renewable energy projects. Join this session to better understand the key financing terms from banks and the main risks involved, and to learn about recent M&A transactions.
EBRD - European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Networking Lunch Break
Large-scale battery energy storage systems will be crucial for the next stage of renewable energy market growth. But how do you successfully build a business case for a BESS? This session will give some main pointers and examples.
Aurora Energy Research
- Revenue streams including frequency services and energy arbitrage
- Investment scenarios for storage across Poland
- Estimated profitability of assets with BESS
As the industry faces grid capacity challenges, energy storage projects can make critical contributions towards safeguarding the reliability of the power grid and enabling more RE capacity. This session focuses on this aspect and potential, providing concrete examples and business cases.
- Contractual risks and considerations
- Meeting the Offtaker's needs
- Legal Tips & Tricks When Drafting & Negotiating PPAs
- How to decide which type of PPA to use Imbalance and profile risk of renewables and how to deal with that in different types of PPAs
Projekt Solartechnik Group
Afternoon Networking Break
During this presentation, you will acquire knowledge about the latest module technologies and how they can be applied to different solar applications, such as rooftop installations and utility-scale projects. We will cover topics such as module efficiency, durability, and reliability. By learning about the best practices for selecting the right module technology for a specific project, participants will gain a competitive edge in their work.
- Latest advancements in Solar module technology
- Innovative modules in diverse solar applications
- Key attributes of module efficiency
- Best practices for selecting the ideal module technology and power output
Poland is home to a rapidly growing fleet of solar plants. How can solar asset owners and managers ensure the continued performance and financial health of their plants? Join this session to learn about asset upgrades, component choices, digitalization, revamping, repowering, and successful asset management overall.
- Upgrading existing assets to improve efficiency?
- Analyzing the choice of components aimed at increasing installed capacity and annual production
- Overview and price comparison of the latest technologies on the market available for asset managers
- The next step in operations digitalization
- Business model optimization with module revamping and repowering
- Managing underperformance in your solar asset
- Development of the Ukrainian PV market before and during the war
- Enriching the Ukrainian energy system with new PV and BESS projects
- Incentives for new PV and BESS projects
- Peculiarities of current PV and BESS projects development or acquisition in Ukraine
Need any help?
We got you. Send out an email to our team and we are here to help.