Thursday 11 July 2024
Nicola Kopij Zanin
Embark on a journey into Italy's solar energy landscape! Discover the latest market trends, ongoing projects, and upcoming investments. Gain insights into the market's division over its residential, commercial & industrial, and utility sectors. Uncover the cost competitiveness of solar energy, lighting the path to a sustainable future.
- What is the overall status of the market?
- Overview of ongoing and upcoming market trends
- Update on Italy’s project and investment pipelines
- Breakdown of market segmentation (Residential/C&I/Utility-Scale) in Italy
Like most mature renewable energy markets around the world, the Italian market’s future growth is threatened by grid capacity issues. This presentation will address Italy’s future energy scenarios and the efforts to relieve and improve the country’s power grid.
- Future energy scenarios for Italy
- Overview and mapping of grid connection requests in Italy
- The evolution of storage capacity and storage tenders
Morning Networking Break
In recent years, the development of solar PV permitting in Italy has advanced significantly. The red tape process is being streamlined to encourage investment in solar PV projects. In this session, we will share the latest changes in these areas that are imperative for developers to stay compliant with regulations, manage their budgets, and plan project timelines effectively.
- How to work with the latest permitting regulations in Italy
- Snapshot of permitting rules for rolling out PV projects
- Estimated timelines to bring projects to the Ready-to-Build stage
- Remaining challenges in navigating red tape
- Navigating the upcoming BESS auctions in Italy
New investments in the Italian solar market are being announced at an accelerating pace. This session will address the main available financing options, including financing products from commercial banks and new investment funds specialized in RE projects. Attracting financing for large-scale solar projects requires careful planning and a comprehensive understanding of the risks involved, which the experts on stage will highlight.
Nicola Kopij Zanin
- What makes a project attractive to investors?
- Financing strategies from commercial banks to new up-and-coming investment funds
- Overview of recent M&A transactions
- How to effectively structure a joint venture or co-development agreement in Italy
- Preferred business models for investors
- Price expectations for greenfield and RtB projects
Lunch Networking Break
Large-scale battery energy storage systems will be crucial for the next stage of renewable energy market growth. But how do you successfully build a business case for a BESS? This session will give some main pointers and examples.
- Revenue streams including frequency services and energy arbitrage
- Investment scenarios for storage across Italy
- Estimated profitability of assets with BESS
As the industry faces grid capacity challenges, energy storage projects can make critical contributions towards safeguarding the reliability of the power grid and enabling more RE capacity. This session focuses on this aspect and potential, providing concrete examples and business cases.
Green Horse Advisory
- The role of BESS in mitigating grid congestion challenges
- The relationship between BESS owner and grid operator
- Other applications aimed at relieving the grid
The renewable energy market has matured significantly, in tandem with a more complex overall power market. Benefit from the expertise on stage, and learn how power purchase agreements (PPAs) and energy trading should become essential parts of your solar strategy and business model.
Our New Energy
- Contractual risks and considerations
- Meeting the Offtaker’s needs
- Legal tips & tricks when drafting & negotiating PPAs
- How to decide which type of PPA to use
- Imbalance and profile risk of renewables and how to deal with that in different types of PPAs
Crafting an effective and mutually beneficial PPA is a careful act. Learn all about the best practices regarding power purchase agreement drafting in this tailored session.
- Navigating contractual risks
- Types of PPAs and Respective Risks & Advantages
- Pros & Cons of different types of contracts
- Virtual vs. Physical PPAs; PPA vs CPPA
Afternoon Networking Break
During this presentation, you will acquire knowledge about the latest module technologies and how they can be applied to different solar applications, such as rooftop installations and utility-scale projects. We will cover topics such as module efficiency, durability, and reliability. By learning about the best practices for selecting the right module technology for a specific project, participants will gain a competitive edge in their work.
- Latest advancements in Solar module technology
- Innovative modules in diverse solar applications
- Key attributes of module efficiency
- Best practices for selecting the ideal module technology and power output
As an established and mature solar market, Italy boasts a large fleet of solar plants, many of which have reached a respectable age. How can solar asset owners and managers ensure the continued performance and financial health of their plants? Join this session to learn about asset upgrades, component choices, digitalization, revamping, repowering, and successful asset management overall.
- Upgrading existing assets to improve efficiency?
- Analyzing the choice of components aimed at increasing installed capacity and annual production
- Overview and price comparison of the latest technologies on the market available for asset managers
- Next step in operations digitalization
- Business model optimization with module revamping and repowering
- Managing underperformance in your solar asset
Nicola Kopij Zanin
Closing Networking Drinks
Need any help?
We got you. Send out an email to our team and we are here to help.