IEA PVPS published its 19th “Trends in Photovoltaic Applications” report on October 13th 2014. This unique report provides official and accurate data about the photovoltaic (PV) market, industry, support policies, research activities and the integration of PV into the power sector in the 24 countries reporting to the IEA PVPS Programme, plus a reliable estimate of the other most important PV markets. In a market where the main market driver remains the Feed-in Tariffs, Asia has taken the lead of PV development.
As the deployment of grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) systems has increased, so too has the desire to track the cost and price of these systems. This report helps to fill this need by summarizing trends in the installed price of grid-connected PV systems in the United States from 1998 through 2013, with partial data for the first half of 2014.
Current trends in energy supply and use are unsustainable – economically, environmentally and socially. Without decisive action, energy-related greenhouse-gas (GHG) emissions would lead to considerable climate degradation with an average 6°C global warming. We can and must change the path we are now on; sustainable and low-carbon energy technologies will ...
This report focuses on the analytical assessment of photovoltaic (PV) plant performance on the overall PV system level. In particular, this report provides detailed guidelines and comprehensive descriptions of methods and models used when analyzing grid-connected PV system performance.
One key factor of reducing the costs of photovoltaic systems is to increase the reliability and the service life time of the PV modules. Today’s statistics show degradation rates of the rated power for crystalline silicon PV modules of 0.8%/year [Jordan11]. To increase the reliability and the service life of PV modules one has to understand the ...
With at least 38.4 gigawatts (GW) of newly-installed solar photovoltaic (PV) capacity worldwide and a global cumulative installed capacity of 138.9 GW, 2013 was another historic year for solar PV technology. EPIA's flagship report assesses global and European PV markets in 2013, makes forecasts for the next five years, and analyses the role of PV within ...
The European Union, whose global market share was 73.6% in 2011, is now only 26.5% (end of 2013), with installed capacity of 9.9 GWp (in 2013). Coming down from 16.7 GWp in 2012 this is a 40.5% decline. Europe’s installed PV capacity now stands at 78.8 GWp (end of 2013).
- 06 May 14 From defense to offense
- 22 Apr 14 PV GRID PARITY MONITOR
- 10 Apr 14 PV Rooftop Development in Thailand
- 10 Apr 14 Technology Roadmap: Energy Storage
- 01 Apr 14 PVPS Report: Snapshot of Global PV 1992-2013
- 27 Feb 14 The Power of Transformation
- 03 Dec 13 Investments Cost Analysis of Electricity Imported to EU from MENA
- 03 Dec 13 PROPOSED INCENTIVES FOR MENA COUNTRIES
- 03 Dec 13 Cost of current and alternative support schemes to grid parity in target countries
- 13 Nov 13 English translation of regulation documents issued by the Turkish Energy Market ...
- 29 Oct 13 Trends in Photovoltaic Applications - 2013 Edition
- 18 Oct 13 Energy Darwinism
- 18 Oct 13 Energy transformation The impact on the power sector business model
- 18 Oct 13 Grid Integration Cost of PhotoVoltaic Power Generation
- 16 Oct 13 Non-Hardware (‘Soft’) Cost-Reduction Roadmap for Residential and Small Commercial Solar ...
- 16 Oct 13 Solar Means Business 2013
- 16 Sep 13 Energy from the Desert
- 04 Sep 13 Distributed Generation Solar in California