This report focuses on the analytical assessment of photovoltaic (PV) plant performance on the overall PV system level. In particular, this report provides detailed guidelines and comprehensive descriptions of methods and models used when analyzing grid-connected PV system performance.
One key factor of reducing the costs of photovoltaic systems is to increase the reliability and the service life time of the PV modules. Today’s statistics show degradation rates of the rated power for crystalline silicon PV modules of 0.8%/year [Jordan11]. To increase the reliability and the service life of PV modules one has to understand the ...
With at least 38.4 gigawatts (GW) of newly-installed solar photovoltaic (PV) capacity worldwide and a global cumulative installed capacity of 138.9 GW, 2013 was another historic year for solar PV technology. EPIA's flagship report assesses global and European PV markets in 2013, makes forecasts for the next five years, and analyses the role of PV within ...
The European Union, whose global market share was 73.6% in 2011, is now only 26.5% (end of 2013), with installed capacity of 9.9 GWp (in 2013). Coming down from 16.7 GWp in 2012 this is a 40.5% decline. Europe’s installed PV capacity now stands at 78.8 GWp (end of 2013).
For decades, the electric power sector — whether regulated or deregulated, wholesale or retail — operated on a simple premise: we have the power, and when our customers need it, we will provide it. All of that is changing. Conventional centralized, dispatchable, fossil- or nuclear-based generation will gradually be impacted by the adoption of distributed ...
This is the third issue of the Grid Parity Monitor, and it focuses exclusively on the commercial segment (30 kW PV systems). As such, it analyzes PV competitiveness with electricity prices for commercial consumers and assesses local regulation for self-consumption in seven different countries (Brazil, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Spain).
The strong economic growth of Thailand throughout the last two decades had a decisive influence also on the demand for energy of the country, especially regarding the need to build more generation capacities. Regarding the electricity consumption an average yearly growth of around 3% over the last 3 years can be identified.
- 10 Apr 14 Technology Roadmap: Energy Storage
- 01 Apr 14 PVPS Report: Snapshot of Global PV 1992-2013
- 27 Feb 14 The Power of Transformation
- 03 Dec 13 Investments Cost Analysis of Electricity Imported to EU from MENA
- 03 Dec 13 PROPOSED INCENTIVES FOR MENA COUNTRIES
- 03 Dec 13 Cost of current and alternative support schemes to grid parity in target countries
- 13 Nov 13 English translation of regulation documents issued by the Turkish Energy Market ...
- 29 Oct 13 Trends in Photovoltaic Applications - 2013 Edition
- 18 Oct 13 Energy Darwinism
- 18 Oct 13 Energy transformation The impact on the power sector business model
- 18 Oct 13 Grid Integration Cost of PhotoVoltaic Power Generation
- 16 Oct 13 Non-Hardware (‘Soft’) Cost-Reduction Roadmap for Residential and Small Commercial Solar ...
- 16 Oct 13 Solar Means Business 2013
- 16 Sep 13 Energy from the Desert
- 04 Sep 13 Distributed Generation Solar in California
- 02 Sep 13 IREC - U.S. Solar Market trends 2012
- 02 Sep 13 Warum steigt die EEG-Umlage in 2014?
- 30 Aug 13 Beyond Renewable Portfolio Standards