BLOOMBERG - LDK Solar Co. (LDKSY), the Chinese solar-cell maker that defaulted on its bonds this year, filed for bankruptcy in the U.S. to help carry out restructurings already under way in Hong Kong and the Cayman Islands.
PVTECH - Australia’s Renewable Energy Target (RET) will not be scrapped following negotiations held today, but the government is still negotiating exemptions with the opposition.
SIM - Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd., also known as Yingli Solar, says it has surpassed 2 GW of cumulative solar panel deliveries in the Americas.
SOLARSERVER - REC Solar ASA (Sandvika, Norway, and San Luis Obispo, Calif., US) on October 21st, 2014 announced that its solar photovoltaic (PV) operations and maintenance (O&M) business has surpassed 175 MW under contract.
RENEWS - Hanwha SolarOne has signed a deal with O2 Energies to supply 17MW of PV modules for three solar projects in North Carolina.
BW - Mosaic Inc., the operator of an online system that lets individuals invest in solar projects, arranged as much as $100 million in financing from reinsurer PartnerRe Ltd. for home rooftop projects.
SNT - Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU), a federally-chartered credit union based in Massachusetts, and Sungage Financial, a marketplace that provides homeowners with access to low-cost solar financing, today announced a $100 million residential solar loan program.
More news items
- 21 Oct 14 Solar Consolidation Expected as Tax Credit Drives Deals
- 21 Oct 14 AUO, BenQ Solar deployed PV plants in Taiwan with an installed capacity of 23.4 MW
- 21 Oct 14 ET Solar Supplies 5 MW PV Modules to a Mining Operation in Suriname
- 21 Oct 14 Ecoplexus Breaks Ground On Three North Carolina Solar Projects (21MW)
- 20 Oct 14 First Solar installs inaugural panel at South America’s largest (141MW) PV Plant
- 20 Oct 14 Sky Solar Plans 40-Megawatt Project in Japan: Iwate Nippo
- 20 Oct 14 Defra axes UK farm solar subsidies
- 20 Oct 14 IFC finalizes $207.5m loan for construction of seven solar plants in Jordan
- 20 Oct 14 JinkoSolar Supplied 34MW of Solar Modules for Four sPower PV Projects
- 17 Oct 14 As Japan eyes nuclear restarts, renewables get shut out of grid
- 17 Oct 14 Orix presses ahead with solar despite grid constraints
- 17 Oct 14 India’s Solar Power Targets Too High For Domestic Module Manufacturers, Claims Report
- 17 Oct 14 SunEdison in Talks for $2 Billion Polysilicon Plant in China
- 17 Oct 14 At Mining Sites Renewable Energy Systems are up to 70 Percent Less Expensive than Diesel Power
- 17 Oct 14 JinkoSolar subsidiary signs 200 MW PV project development agreement with government of ...
- 16 Oct 14 MVV Energie Buys Juwi Majority Stake as Utility Goes Renewable
- 16 Oct 14 SunEdison signs JV agreement with JIC Capital to develop up to 1 GW of solar PV projects in ...
- 16 Oct 14 8minutenergy Renewables gets green light for 135MW solar farm in California