BLOOMBERG - Coal India Ltd. (COAL), the biggest producer of the fuel, is considering building 70 billion rupees ($1.2 billion) of solar projects to compensate for carbon pollution, said people familiar with the plan.
PVTECH - The European Investment Bank (EIB) is to provide a €23 million (US$29.5 million) loan for solar development in West Africa.
EBR - The International Finance (IFC), a part of the World Bank Group, will provide approximately INR2.02bn ($33.18m) loan for the development of 100MW solar project in Rajasthan, India.
RENEWS - Jamaica Public Service Company has signed 20-year power purchase agreements with the US developers behind three renewables projects totalling 78MW.
SNT - Exosun, a provider of solar tracking technologies for utility-scale ground-mounted photovoltaic (PV) plants, has signed an agreement with La Compagnie du Vent, GDF SUEZ Group, to supply solar trackers and associated engineering support services for a 12MWp PV plant in France.
SOLARSERVER - SunEdison, Inc. (Belmont, California, US) in partnership with BlueWave Capital LLC of Boston, on September 19th, 2014 announced the completion of a 1.8 megawatt (MW) DC solar photovoltaic (PV) power plant constructed on a remediated EPA Superfund site in New Bedford, Massachusetts.
BLOOMBERG - Scotland’s renewable energy developers breathed a sigh of relief at the decision by voters to stick with the U.K., which will leave intact subsidies that support investments in wind and solar power projects.
More news items
- 19 Sep 14 White House proposes new energy efficiency rule in climate push
- 19 Sep 14 Report: US solar costs continue rapid decline
- 19 Sep 14 Finnish consulting and engineering company Pöyry awarded assignments for 130 MW solar PV ...
- 19 Sep 14 IFC lends $96m to Yapi Kredi to boost renewable energy in Turkey
- 19 Sep 14 Urban Green Energy And OTEPI Partner To Grow Panama's Solar Market
- 18 Sep 14 NPD Solarbuzz: Major Asia-Pacific markets to account for 60 percent of global solar PV ...
- 18 Sep 14 Brazil State to Have Solar Auction as It Seeks Local Panel Plant
- 18 Sep 14 Blackstone-backed Vivint Solar's IPO to raise up to $371 mln
- 18 Sep 14 US and Japan to drive PV microinverter and power optimiser growth
- 18 Sep 14 SMA Inverters Selected for 140MW Solar Plant in Canada
- 18 Sep 14 Verizon Spending $13.8M On New Solar Projects In N.J.
- 17 Sep 14 IPVEA: Lack of supply chain optimization is costing the solar PV industry USD 400-500 ...
- 17 Sep 14 Homeowners Are Expected to Invest More Than $625 Billion in Residential Generation and ...
- 17 Sep 14 Solar Frontier modules power 21.3MW Showa Shell Japan project
- 17 Sep 14 Europe’s First Commercial Battery-Storage Unit Starts in Germany
- 17 Sep 14 ADB Set To Release $150 Million For India’s Renewable Energy Transmission Network
- 17 Sep 14 Britain slides to 5-year low in E&Y's renewable energy ranking
- 16 Sep 14 India to Lift Solar Target Fivefold to 15 Gigawatts