SIM - According to a new report from IHS Inc., the top 10 solar photovoltaic module suppliers shipped 23.7 GW of product in 2014, growing their combined share of the total market to 49%, compared with 48% in 2013.
BB - Germany’s cost of producing solar energy has shrunk to about a third of the price households pay for power after the nation made developers compete for subsidies.
PVT - Energy Partners Latin America (EPLA) is to build a 150MW PV power plant costing over US$300 million in Baja California State, Mexico.
SNT - Advanced Energy Industries, Inc., a specialist in precision power conversion solutions, has been awarded 325MW of solar projects by Swinerton Renewable Energy. The installation and commissioning of the portfolio of projects is expected to begin in 2015 and continue through the middle to end of 2016.
ET - Mississippi Power, a subsidiary of Southern Company, is partnering with two solar businesses and the U.S. Navy to build utility-scale solar electric generating farms at two different locations in the company's service territory. With a combined total of approximately 53 MW, together these projects would represent the largest solar installations ...
SS - During the first quarter of 2015, the solar company Asunim (Ankara, Turkey) delivered 2.3 MWp of solar PV modules to a large ground-mounted system currently being implemented on the outskirts of Lagos in the Algarve (southern Portugal).
PVT - Surprised by the official figures for solar PV installations in China in the first quarter of 2015, Deutsche Bank analyst, Vishal Shah cited renewed momentum in the Chinese market that could result in the 17.8GW government target for the year being surpassed.
More news items
- 22 Apr 15 JPEA Announces Cumulative PV Installation of 100GW by 2030 in Japan
- 22 Apr 15 SolarCity Will Add 300MW of Commercial Solar From New $1B Fund
- 22 Apr 15 Solar in Japan: GE supports 231 MW Setouchi Kirei PV plant through funding, technology ...
- 22 Apr 15 SunEdison Closes Financing On 97 MW Portfolio Of U.K Solar
- 22 Apr 15 Kyocera TCL Solar Inaugurates Floating Solar Plant in Japan
- 20 Apr 15 China Adds Solar Power the Size of France in First Quarter (5.04 GW)
- 20 Apr 15 Q Cells wins 1.5GW supply deal with NextEra Energy
- 20 Apr 15 Southern Company Continues Expansion in Renewable Energy Portfolios with 160MW addition
- 20 Apr 15 Utility-scale PV in South Africa: SunPower breaks ground on 86 MW Prieska project
- 20 Apr 15 Approval for eight Mexico solar projects
- 20 Apr 15 Toshiba begins production at H2One demonstration facility in Japan
- 17 Apr 15 South Africa to Double Clean-Power Plans as New Bidders Named
- 17 Apr 15 SunPower, Apple to build solar projects in China
- 17 Apr 15 Southern Power Acquires 32 MW Lost Hills-Blackwell Solar Project
- 17 Apr 15 ET Solar to build 70 MWp solar plant in the Philippines
- 17 Apr 15 Duke Energy Builds a 13MW PV Project for Camp Lejeune
- 17 Apr 15 ib vogt, vogt solar Ltd. commission 8 solar PV farms totaling 132.4 MW in the UK in Q1
- 16 Apr 15 Yieldcos Seen Surging to $100 Billion to Lower Clean-Power Costs