SOLARSERVER - IHS Technology (London) warns that higher U.S. costs for solar photovoltaics (PV) will result from the current trade cases against China, and that potential tariffs on Taiwanese PV cells could have “wide-ranging consequences”.
PVTECH - LDK Solar has claimed through its Cayman Island liquidators that unaudited accounts indicate the company had revenue of US$273.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2013, up from US$156.6 million in the previous quarter.
CLEANTECHNICA - A new, record-breaking, high-efficiency solar module has been developed by Trina Solar Limited, according to a recent press release from the noted solar technology company.
BLOOMBERG - Ukraine is seeking U.S. investment in its biomass, wind and solar power industries. The idea is to use renewable energy to curb its reliance on fuel imports from Russia, which annexed Ukraine’s Crimea region last month and has troops massed on the border.
CLIMATEPROGRESS - Oklahoma residents who produce their own energy through solar panels or small wind turbines on their property will now be charged an additional fee, the result of a new bill passed by the state legislature and expected to be signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin (R).
SNT - TÜV Rheinland PTL, a standards developing organization (SDO) for the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), has successfully initiated the creation of two new American National Standards and is seeking the industry participation in the respective standards working groups.
REUTERS - The U.S. Energy Department on Wednesday unveiled a plan for up to $4 billion in loan aid for renewable energy companies to help rejuvenate a program that faced harsh political attacks over past failures of federally subsidized projects.
More news items
- 17 Apr 14 Sinolease plans to provide over USD 1.6 billion in lease financing to United PV for solar ...
- 17 Apr 14 SPG Solar Deploys SunSeeker Tracker For 50 MW System In Arizona
- 17 Apr 14 Greenbacker to finance up to 126MW of Hanergy projects in the US
- 17 Apr 14 Trina notches UK solar double
- 16 Apr 14 Clean Energy Investment Rises 9%, Led by Solar-Power Demand
- 16 Apr 14 India Signs Power Contracts for 700 Megawatts Solar
- 16 Apr 14 JinkoSolar takes grid connected PV projects in China to 252MW
- 16 Apr 14 JA Solar beats guidance to ship more than 620 MW of solar PV cells, modules in Q1 2014
- 16 Apr 14 RWE sees net income stabilising at lower levels after 2014
- 15 Apr 14 Ib vogt completes 80 MW of UK solar PV plants in Q1 2014
- 15 Apr 14 Dubai opens tender for 100MW solar plant
- 15 Apr 14 Malaysia's 1MDB wins 50MW solar power plant project
- 15 Apr 14 Google Acquires Solar Powered Drone Maker Titan Aerospace to Spread Web
- 15 Apr 14 BayWa wraps up 18MW in Wales
- 15 Apr 14 IPVEA to study Global PV Supply Chain
- 14 Apr 14 Chinese Solar Module Prices in the US May Increase Up to 20% in 2014
- 14 Apr 14 United PV To Acquire 300 MW Of Large-Scale Projects From Yingli China
- 14 Apr 14 Partners Group Acquires Solar Plants in Italy, Plans to Buy More