SOLARSERVER - Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) reports that 1.56 GW of solar photovoltaic (PV) capacity has been added in the nation between April 1st, 2012 and February 28th, 2013.
BLOOMBERG - The European Union is poised to penalize imports of Chinese solar products, a move that would increase Europe’s cost for most photovoltaic panels an estimated 45 percent overnight.
FOX - Panasonic Corp. (6752.TO) will cease U.S. production of silicon wafers for use in solar cells as it consolidates output at a new plant in Malaysia, the Nikkei reported in its Thursday morning edition.
REUTERS - Local creditors of Wuxi Suntech, the bankrupt unit of Chinese solar panel maker Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd, on Wednesday claimed the subsidiary owed them a combined $2.5 billion, at the start of a debt restructuring process expected to last months.
SOLARINDUSTRYMAG - Switzerland-based inverter manufacturer Sputnik Engineering has opened the first U.S. office for its SolarMax business unit in Atlanta. The office will provide sales and research and development support for the company's U.S. operations.
BLOOMBERG - The Obama administration is engaged in preliminary talks with the European Union and China to settle a dispute over trade in solar-energy equipment and avoid a conflict among the world’s largest economies, according to people familiar with the discussions.
REUTERS - Solar products maker JA Solar Holdings Co Ltd reported another quarterly loss as lower prices for panels that convert sunlight into electricity hurt the Chinese company's chances of profitability for the eighth time in a row.
More news items
- 21 May 13 German Official Calls Looming EU Solar Tariffs A 'Grave Mistake'
- 21 May 13 Mosaic Find 800 Investors Per Million For Crowdfunded Solar Projects
- 21 May 13 India installs 557 MW of solar so far in 2013
- 21 May 13 Sanyo may cease to exist under Panasonic reorganization
- 17 May 13 JA Solar Repays $119 Million of Its Convertible Notes Due May 2013
- 17 May 13 Schneider Electric supplies inverters, electrical balance of system for 85 MW of solar ...
- 17 May 13 Gehrlicher Solar Receives Funding, Names Board Members
- 17 May 13 SunPower Says Solar Power to Become Standard on New Homes
- 17 May 13 Saudi Arabia Turns To NREL For Help With Huge Solar Energy Plans
- 16 May 13 China says EU solar duties to "seriously harm" trade ties
- 16 May 13 pvXchange: High EU tariffs on imports of Chinese PV products will destroy EU solar market
- 16 May 13 Goldman Sachs Lending More Than $500 Million for SolarCity Roofs
- 16 May 13 Japan Asia Group Moving Ahead With 500 MW Solar Plan in Japan
- 16 May 13 Scatec Solar to build two solar PV projects totaling 115 MW
- 15 May 13 IHS: EU tariffs will price out Chinese solar PV, weaken demand
- 15 May 13 Eurus Energy Plans to Build 115MW Solar Station in North Japan
- 15 May 13 SMA Solar Q1 loss lower than expected on orders from U.S., Japan
- 15 May 13 Greece retroactively cuts feed-in tariff for solar PV