REUTERS - Bulgaria's parliament voted on Thursday to impose a 20 percent charge on income from wind and solar power installations next year as the Socialist-led government struggles to keep down electricity bills.
PVTECH - China’s National Energy Administration (NEA) has forecast that on grid solar capacity in the country will reach 10GW by the end of 2013, according to state news agency Xinhua.
SOLARSERVER - The government of Ontario has issued a new long-term energy plan, which includes a new competitive solicitation process for solar photovoltaic (PV) projects larger than 500 kW, as part of a commitment to add 340 MW of PV annually.
SIM - Hanwha SolarOne Co. Ltd. has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology Co. Ltd. (ZTT) as the first step in a partnership to cooperate on the development, construction, financing and grid connection of 150 MW of distributed energy projects in Nantong, China.
BLOOMBERG - The U.K. government said it expects 40 billion pounds ($65 billion) of investment in renewables by 2020 after shifting incentives toward offshore wind power and away from projects on land in areas where residents object.
BLOOMBERG - Herbert T Forrest Ltd., a U.K. public-housing contractor, will receive as much as 120 million pounds ($197 million) from Macquarie Bank Ltd. to fund solar-power installations across Britain.
REUTERS - Japan's Toshiba Corp will tie up with German real estate company Gagfah SAS to sell energy directly to residents in Germany, people close to the matter told Reuters.
More news items
- 04 Dec 13 NREL find 'soft costs' now largest aspect of solar installation pricing in US
- 04 Dec 13 Germany installs 226 MW of new solar PV in October 2013
- 04 Dec 13 ReneSola ships 63MW to North-Carolina based EPC SunEnergy1
- 04 Dec 13 SunEdison Partner Boosts Distributed Generation Solar Fund To Over $100 Million
- 03 Dec 13 Tata Cleantech May Fund $400 Million Projects in India
- 03 Dec 13 JinkoSolar signs strategic cooperation agreement for a 200MW project with local ...
- 03 Dec 13 Japanese island to host battery and grid management demonstration projects
- 03 Dec 13 Mecasolar sells solar trackers to 1,028 MW solar power plant in Jordan
- 03 Dec 13 Hanwha SolarOne enters into USD 574 million credit agreement with Bank of Beijing
- 03 Dec 13 ET Solar Delivers 1 MW Of Modules To PV Plant In India
- 02 Dec 13 U Nations Approve Pact With China on Solar-Panel Trade
- 02 Dec 13 SolarWorld Buys Bosch’s Solar Arm
- 02 Dec 13 Juwi wins contract to build 86MW Sonnedix solar project in South Africa
- 02 Dec 13 Astronergy to aquire Conergy PV module factory in Frankfurt (Oder); 200 jobs will be secured
- 02 Dec 13 Japan’s Domestic Solar Shipments Surge More Than Threefold
- 02 Dec 13 International companies see solar market emerge in Saudi Arabia
- 29 Nov 13 EU imposes 42% duty on China-made solar glass
- 29 Nov 13 Goldpoly buys stake in 195MW of Chinese PV plants