BLOOMBERG - Vivint Solar Inc., the residential solar-cell installer backed by Blackstone Group LP (BX), raised $330 million in a U.S. initial public offering.
REUTERS - Japan will make more changes to a scheme introduced after the Fukushima crisis to encourage investment in renewable energy by tightening rules on guaranteed payments for larger solar projects, the Yomiuri newspaper reported.
SOLARSERVER - On September 12th, 2014 the 37.8 MWp Crundale Solar Farm in Pembrokeshire began to generate solar power. Construction of the project was completed in only eight weeks.
PVTECH - SunEdison said that its high pressure fluidized bed reactor (HP-FBR) technology being ramped at its new joint venture facility in Korea will provide source polysilicon to enable 400 watt peak PV panel performance at a cost of US$0.40 per watt peak by 2016.
SIM - California-based Pattern Energy Group LP says its Conejo Solar photovoltaic power project in Chile has secured a 22-year power purchase agreement (PPA) with Minera Los Pelambres, an affiliate of Antofagasta Minerals SA.
EBR - Innovative Solar 41, is a totally approved and ready for construction 48.7MW solar farm project to be built in Garland, NC and brought on line sometime in 2015.
BLOOMBERG - Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PEG), owner of New Jersey’s largest utility, plans to spend $247 million through 2016 developing 45 megawatts of capacity over landfills and on unused commercial property.
More news items
- 30 Sep 14 India and US on brink of US$1 billion renewable investment deal - report
- 30 Sep 14 Private Chinese cleantech investor unveils strategy for green cities world-wide, aims at 50 ...
- 30 Sep 14 Japan’s largest solar PV project (231 MW) funded with $867m investment by GE and ...
- 30 Sep 14 Solarpack inaugurates 25 MW PV plant in Chile
- 30 Sep 14 EBRD offers $25m loan for 20MW solar PV plant in Jordan
- 29 Sep 14 9GW for Latin America and Caribbean Region in coming 5 years
- 29 Sep 14 Trina Solar Ships 11.7 MW Modules For Projects In Turkey And Ecuador
- 29 Sep 14 First Solar targets Germany’s 600MW large-scale solar revival
- 29 Sep 14 GE, Toyo, Kuni Umi to Get 90 Billion Yen Loan for Solar Plant
- 29 Sep 14 Solarcentury to build the largest carport solar PV system in Africa at Garden City, Nairobi
- 26 Sep 14 Egypt Plans 2GW Auction Each For Wind & Solar Power Capacity
- 26 Sep 14 American investors plan 100MW solar plants in Nigeria
- 26 Sep 14 MeshPower Seeks 10,000 African, Indian Customers for Rural Solar
- 26 Sep 14 Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric to manufacture solar photovoltaic inverters in Houston, Texas
- 26 Sep 14 US solar firms set to benefit from OPIC loan programme
- 26 Sep 14 IPVEA members approve “SOLARUNITED” global initiative
- 25 Sep 14 Japan's Kyushu Electric shuts off renewable suppliers from grid
- 25 Sep 14 ReneSola launches residential solar PV loan program with Admirals Bank in the U.S.