PVT - Investment bank Citigroup is predicting a 240GW global battery storage market worth US$400 billion by 2030 as increased deployment creates a “virtuous circle” of falling costs.
EBR - Abengoa has commenced construction of the photovoltaic plant, which will be a part of Atacama 1 solar complex, located in Comuna de María Elena, Segunda Región, Chile.
SN - Japan’s Mitsubishi Electric Corp (TYO:6503) said on Tuesday it has completed the construction of a 6.2-MW solar farm in Fukushima prefecture, northeastern Japan.
SOLARSERVER - sPower (Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.) on January 28th, 2015 announced a non-exclusive joint development agreement with power developer Hecate Energy (Nashville/Columbus/Chicago) to develop and own/operate solar photovoltaic (PV) projects.
BLOOMBERG - Kyocera Corp., a Japanese electronics and solar panel maker, cut its sales forecast for this fiscal year amid sluggish demand for solar products.
ET - NRG Renew, a wholly owned subsidiary of NRG Energy, Inc., and SunShare, a community solar company, are partnering to finance and build 8.2 MWac (10 MWdc) of community solar projects along the Front Range of Colorado. This project will double NRG's existing community solar portfolio.
Frost & Sullivan: Solar PV expected to account for the highest percentage of total capacity additions28 Jan 15 - 11:53 CET
SOLARSERVER - New analysis from Frost & Sullivan (Mountain View, California, U.S.) forecasts the global installed capacity of renewable energy to more than double from 1,566 gigawatts (GW) in 2012 to reach 3,203 GW in 2025 at an average annual growth rate of 5.7 percent.
More news items
- 28 Jan 15 GCL plans 2GW of PV power plant projects in China in 2015
- 28 Jan 15 Obama to Invest $2 Billion into Modi’s Renewable Energy Targets
- 28 Jan 15 Sol Systems to back 150 MW of solar plans in 2015
- 28 Jan 15 Beltone Capital to hold private stock issuance, construct $100m solar station (50MW)
- 27 Jan 15 Sharp Said Near Deal to Sell Recurrent Energy Solar Unit
- 27 Jan 15 SMA Solar to cut 1,600 jobs as European demand slides
- 27 Jan 15 Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa to Support a 72 Mw Solar Pv Power Plant in Cameroon
- 27 Jan 15 FPL announces plans to install more than 1 million solar panels at three additional PV ...
- 27 Jan 15 BYD and ZL Solar Sign Joint Venture Agreement on 200MW PV Project Development
- 27 Jan 15 Obama hints at more finance for Indian solar
- 26 Jan 15 Japan to set renewable energy targets despite nuclear creeping back in
- 26 Jan 15 TOTAL and SunPower Completed a 70MW PV Salvador Solar Plant in Chile
- 26 Jan 15 PV in the UK: Over 125,000 homes went solar in 2014, overall installations reached 700 MW
- 26 Jan 15 Italy to halt solar power sector incentives -deputy industry minister
- 26 Jan 15 Qatar to tender 200-MW solar scheme shortly
- 26 Jan 15 United PV announces USD 67 million convertible bonds subscription agreement, acquisition of ...
- 23 Jan 15 Valhalla Seeks to Build Largest Latin American Solar Project
- 23 Jan 15 Dutch infrastructure fund acquires 10MW Glenarm solar plant from Canadian Solar