GTM - This week's Latin American solar update is packed with news from Brazil, where rhetoric and hope have finally started to give way to action and progress. Honduras also continues to capture headlines as solar heavyweights rush to qualify for the lucrative bonus tariff before its August expiration.
SNR - Brazil needs to regularly contract at least 1 GW of solar energy per year to develop its own photovoltaic (PV) technology sector, according to a study published by WWF Brazil on Wednesday.
SN - Mecasolar will supply 4.5MW in solar trackers to a new project in Korkuteli, in Antalya Province, Turkey. A total of 47 trackers, using 420 axes of up to 10.8kWp per axis, and 18,960 modules of 240Wp nominal power each, will be installed in this solar power plant located 390km south-west of the capital of Turkey.
BG - Green crowd-funding specialist Abundance has added two new renewable energy developments to its online investment platform, allowing members of the public to invest as little as £5 in the projects. The company has mobilised more than £10m in clean energy projects since its launch, offering returns worth up to nine per cent over 20 years through its ...
HC - The European Commission announced it’s funding a new solar fuels research project, which will be spearheaded by Volkswagen AG. Just under 6 million euros ($6.6 million) has been allocated for the study under Europe’s research and innovation program Horizon 2020. Volkswagen AG has been named as the lead coordinator and will be joined by 11 other ...
CT - French energy company Total is planning to create a major solar energy base in Bolivia by developing large-scale solar power projects.
Reuters - India's $100 billion push into solar energy over the next decade will be driven by foreign players as uncompetitive local manufacturers fall by the wayside, no longer protected by government restrictions on the sector.
More news items
- 02 Jul 15 Tesla’s Battery Push Is Good News for This Israeli Solar Company
- 02 Jul 15 India: Tamil Nadu govt to buy 2,000 MW of solar power by end of 2015
- 02 Jul 15 Japanese golf course to become 23 MW solar array
- 01 Jul 15 US Solar Electricity Production 50% Higher Than Previously Thought
- 01 Jul 15 India: SunEdison, inaugurates Dammakhedi 50MW solar power plant in Madhya Pradesh
- 01 Jul 15 Vietnam starts work on S. Korea-funded solar power plant
- 01 Jul 15 Brazil's Pernambuco mulls 2nd solar energy auction
- 01 Jul 15 Switzerland Moves up in SolarSuperState Ranking 2015
- 30 Jun 15 GTM Research: Cumulative global PV market will triple by 2020, reach 700 GW
- 30 Jun 15 $200m deal to help Egypt on its way to becoming region’s first gigawatt solar power provider
- 30 Jun 15 Modi Embraces the Dollar to Spur India’s Solar Power Boom
- 30 Jun 15 Uruguay to develop renewables in 19 rural areas
- 30 Jun 15 New law to promote renewable energy in Poland
- 29 Jun 15 Araneta to build Southeast Asia's biggest solar farm in the Philippines
- 29 Jun 15 UK renewables break records: renewable electricity +19%
- 29 Jun 15 Pakistan "on way to become Asian tiger" as PV gets popular in tribal areas
- 29 Jun 15 Punjab invites investors to set up solar power projects for 500MW
- 29 Jun 15 World Bank Group’s MIGA supports 50 MW of solar PV in Jordan