SMA Solar Technology AG is the first PV inverter supplier to receive authorization for net metering in Chile
SOLARSERVER - With their comprehensive technical functions, two SMA solar photovoltaic (PV) inverter types now have received the authorization of the "Superintendencia de Electricidad y Combustibles" (SEC) to participate according to law 20.571 in Net Metering.
RENEWS - MegaCell and Misr Asset Management are teaming up to develop a 120MW-a-year solar cell production plant in Egypt.
PVM - The sharp increase in the nation's PV market matches BNEF's forecast of a 9-11 GW solar PV market in 2014. Japanese companies continue to dominate shipments.
PVTECH - Module manufacturer REC Solar is to be liquidated and delisted following its recently announced sale to China’s Bluestar Elkem.
SIM - Ontario-based Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (APUC) says it intends to proceed with a new 10 MW solar facility project adjacent to its 20 MW Bakersfield I Solar project in Kern County, Calif., which is currently under construction.
ET - ReneSola announced its unaudited financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2014. The company shipped 46.8% of PV modules to Europe, but the depreciation of the European currencies led to a foreign exchange loss of US$13.7%. A delay in shipment because of anticipation of new lower minimum imported prices also impacted Renesola’s ...
PVT - The PV industry is expected to have a new market leader after both Trina Solar and Yingli Green have reported third quarter financial results and given revised full-year shipment guidance. A battle that has raged all year for the top spot.
More news items
- 26 Nov 14 GlobalData: World-wide installed PV capacity to more than treble from 136 Gigawatts in 2013 ...
- 26 Nov 14 Yingli Solar Falls on Lower 2014 Shipments; Loss Narrows
- 26 Nov 14 Santander wants to sell part of Nevada solar project stake
- 26 Nov 14 aleo solar Supplies 5.8 MW Of PV For Projects In Turkey
- 26 Nov 14 SPI Solar to Provide EPC Services for Two DG Projects in Jiangsu Province, China
- 25 Nov 14 JX Energy to Build Four Solar Power Stations Across Japan
- 25 Nov 14 New IRENA report: China can nearly quadruple the share of renewable energy by 2030
- 25 Nov 14 Dominion Acquires West Antelope Solar Park In California
- 25 Nov 14 Trina Solar to announce first overseas manufacturing plant ‘soon’
- 25 Nov 14 JinkoSolar to Supply 7MW Solar PV Modules to Almacén Sustentable in Mexico
- 25 Nov 14 Yingli lands 120MW France and 72MW UK solar deal
- 24 Nov 14 China Buying REC Solar for $640 Million to Avoid Trade Dispute
- 24 Nov 14 SunEdison Solar JV targets 1GW in Brazil
- 24 Nov 14 NGP, Motir Seaspire to develop 1,200MW of solar PV projects in Nigeria
- 24 Nov 14 Conergy to build solar PV plants totaling 41 MW in the Philippines
- 24 Nov 14 LG Chem and Siemens pair up for energy storage, including renewables integration
- 24 Nov 14 Walmart on Its Way to 100% Renewable by Installing 400 More Solar Projects
- 20 Nov 14 Trina to Build 10-Megawatt Jordan Solar Power Plant for Shamsuna