THENATION - Myanmar will soon welcome the first-ever solar energy project, through the investment of about US$480 million - the biggest investments by a US company in the country since the easing of sanctions.
SOLARSERVER - According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)'s latest "Electric Power Monthly" report, with data for the first six months of 2014, renewable energy sources (i.e., biomass, geothermal, hydropower, solar, wind) provided 14.3% of net U.S. electrical generation, the SUN DAY Campaign announced.
PVTECH - Swiss-based full-service project developer and EPC, TRITEC Project Engineering and China-based PV manufacturer and developer Hareon Solar are to collaborate on 600MW of international PV projects over the next three years.
TP - Hawaiian Electric Companies (HECO) on Tuesday announced their intention to triple the amount of rooftop solar in the state, just one part of a plan that the companies say will make Hawaii the highest renewable energy-using state in the country.
BLOOMBERG - GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Ltd. (3800), the biggest maker of polysilicon used to make solar cells, returned to profit in the first half as the price of the raw material increased and production costs fell.
REUTERS - Yingli Green Energy Holding Co Ltd (YGE.N) reported a bigger-than-expected quarterly loss and cut its forecast for 2014 panel shipments, faced with steep U.S. duties.
SOLARSERVER - Led by China, the solar photovoltaic (PV) industry will grow at a CAGR of 8.3% - from 37.5 GWp in 2013 to 65.6 GWp in 2019 - but emerging trade disputes involving Asia, as much as global policies, cast a shadow over short-term prospects, according to Lux Research (Boston, MA, US).
More news items
- 27 Aug 14 Blackstone-backed Vivint Solar files for IPO
- 27 Aug 14 First Solar Developing 250MW of Projects in Japan in Energy Push
- 27 Aug 14 Trina Solar looking at sites for first overseas manufacturing base
- 27 Aug 14 Yingli delivers 66MW in East Anglia, UK
- 27 Aug 14 Suniva Partners With Technology Credit On Solar Financing
- 26 Aug 14 NPD Solarbuzz: Leading Chinese solar PV module suppliers continue to increase market share, ...
- 26 Aug 14 Hareon Solar to Invest $813 Million to Build Rooftop Projects
- 26 Aug 14 Innovative Solar Systems secures financing for PV plants totalling 200MW in North Carolina
- 26 Aug 14 Scatec Solar prepares Oslo IPO, targets 750MW by 2016
- 26 Aug 14 Greenwood And ILIOSS Partner To Develop 250 MW Of PV In Mexico
- 26 Aug 14 Jinko signs agreement for 100MW PV power plants in China
- 25 Aug 14 The Indian government will decide not to impose anti-dumping duties on imported solar ...
- 25 Aug 14 Verizon Triples Solar Energy With $40 Million Investment
- 25 Aug 14 SolarCity expects Silevo 1GW fab to cost up to US$450 million
- 25 Aug 14 The cost of caring for Europe's elderly nuclear plants
- 25 Aug 14 REC wins 100MW US solar supply deal with SunRun
- 25 Aug 14 RES Canada to construct 10MW solar PV facility in Canada
- 22 Aug 14 Energy Absolute to Invest $1.4 Billion in Solar, Wind Projects