SolarCity creates fund to finance USD 750 million in residential PV projects with investment from Google
SOLARSERVER - SolarCity Corp. (San Mateo, California, U.S.) has created a fund expected to finance USD 750 million in residential solar photovoltaic (PV) projects in the U.S. with an investment from Google.
EBR - The Indian Government has approved the proposed of state-run power producer National Thermal Power (NTPC) to develop 15,000MW of grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) power projects as part of the National Solar Mission.
PVTECH - By 2030 the Algerian government hopes to install 13.5GW of PV capacity, Algerian energy minister Youcef Yousfi announced. The Department of Energy updated a renewable energy plan from February 2011 that spans from 2011-2030.
BLOOMBERG - Indian Railways plans to tap the sun for energy needs so that it can reduce its dependence on electricity generated by fossil fuels.
CT - One of the leading clean energy project developers in the world, SkyPower, is planning to expand to its footprint in one of the hottest renewable energy markets in the Africa — Egypt.
REUTERS - Bulgaria's parliament scrapped preferential prices for new renewable energy installations on Thursday as the country is struggling to cut deficits in the energy sector and keep a lid on consumers' utility bills.
BLOOMBERG - ScottishPower Renewables Ltd., a unit of RWE AG and Lightsource Renewable Energy Ltd. were among companies to win renewable energy contracts under the U.K. government’s first competitive auction.
More news items
- 26 Feb 15 REC doubles US supply deal to 100MW
- 26 Feb 15 WIRSOL Energy Ltd. inks deal with Bluefield Solar Income Fund
- 26 Feb 15 SunEdison introduces initiative to provide electricity to 20 million people by 2020
- 26 Feb 15 Enphase Energy and French MyLight Systems to partner on advanced energy management
- 25 Feb 15 SunPower, First Solar JV talks boosts solar sector
- 25 Feb 15 First Solar Profit Nearly Triples
- 25 Feb 15 SunPower’s sales top US$3 billion in 2014
- 25 Feb 15 SunEdison Sees Installations Doubling as Solar Grows
- 25 Feb 15 Macquarie finances one of the largest solar PV projects in the U.K.
- 25 Feb 15 Saft reels in contracts for storage in Japan and the Arctic
- 24 Feb 15 First Solar and SunPower Plan to Form Joint-Venture Yieldco
- 24 Feb 15 Japan FiT review panel proposes 16% cut
- 24 Feb 15 Manz eyes profit in 2015 after solar writedowns
- 24 Feb 15 Sungrow confirms position as a leading solar PV inverter Manufacturer, announces 5.89 GW of ...
- 24 Feb 15 World Bank to fund 25 MW solar plant in Nepal
- 24 Feb 15 Greenwood Energy Signs Panel Supply Deal With JA Solar
- 23 Feb 15 SunEdison Commits To 15 GW Renewable Energy Capacity Addition In India
- 23 Feb 15 Enel breaks ground on 11MW of PV in Brazil