REUTERS - The United States on Friday set new import duties on solar products from China and Taiwan after the Commerce Department found that the solar panels and cells are being sold too cheaply on the U.S. market.
REUTERS - China's Commerce Ministry castigated the United States on Monday for setting new import duties on Chinese solar products, saying Washington's actions risked damaging the industry in both countries.
PVTECH - Large-scale solar developer, SolarReserve, has signed a supply contract to sell power from a 20MW plant it is building in El Salvador.
BLOOMBERG - Japan Asia Group Ltd. (3751) will build a 20-megawatt solar-power station at a former high school in the northern prefecture of Miyagi.
First Solar, XSOL establish PV module supply agreement; Japanese system integrator targets installation of 100 MW annual28 Jul 14 - 14:08 CEST
SOLARSERVER - First Solar (Tempe, Arizona, U.S.) and XSOL Co., Ltd. (Kyoto, Japan), a distributor and integrator of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems in Japan, on July 28th, 2014 announced that they have signed an agreement to supply First Solar's cadmium telluride (CdTe) thin film modules in Japan.
SIM - Ontario's grid operator, the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO), has announced new energy storage projects meant to help increase grid reliability and efficiency, as well as to maximize the output from wind and solar power.
EnergyTrend: Effects of US-China solar trade war to emerge in 2015; High inventory will delay price recovery25 Jul 14 - 16:46 CEST
SOLARSERVER - PV manufacturers are now anticipating the preliminary verdict on US-China solar photovoltaic (PV) product dumping announcement by the end of July.
More news items
- 25 Jul 14 Infosys Plans to Invest in 200 Megawatts of Renewables
- 25 Jul 14 Hareon Solar signs 600MW DG project agreement with Xingtai City, China
- 25 Jul 14 CBD Energy Secures $300K In Residential PV Loan Approvals For Westinghouse Solar
- 25 Jul 14 Showa Shell Unit to Build 13MW Solar Station in Northern Japan
- 25 Jul 14 FRV announces financial close of the 65MW “Jacinta” solar photovoltaic plant in Uruguay
- 24 Jul 14 Frost & Sullivan: Global solar market to double by 2020 to USD 137 billion
- 24 Jul 14 SunEdison Buys 156 Megawatt Solar Project in Colorado
- 24 Jul 14 ABB still dogged by problems in power systems
- 24 Jul 14 Energy Storage Market Rises to $50 Billion
- 24 Jul 14 PowerSecure Gains After Announcing Orders Worth $140 Million
- 24 Jul 14 Enel takes full control of 3Sun thin-film venture
- 23 Jul 14 Suniva to Open Second US Manufacturing Facility in Michigan
- 23 Jul 14 SPI Solar subsidiary to sell 50 MW PV Project in Fenyi County, China, and to construct 21 ...
- 23 Jul 14 ABB still dogged by problems in power systems
- 23 Jul 14 JA Solar to Complete Half of Planned Solar Farms in August
- 23 Jul 14 Yingli Green Energy to supply 32 MW of PV modules to large-scale project in Japan
- 23 Jul 14 United PV completes deal for 20MW China project
- 22 Jul 14 First Solar Applies for 370 Megawatt Project in Chile