PVTECH - A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed by global solar developer SunEdison and the state government of Rajasthan, India to build 5GW of solar.
BLOOMBERG - Solarworld AG (SWVK) and REC Solar ASA (RECSOL) are benefiting from a boom in solar-energy installations in the U.S. that outweigh a decline in their European home markets.
SOLARSERVER - Utility Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP), headed by Engineer Azeb Asnake, on October 14th, 2014 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with US-based company Green Technology Africa Inc. (GTA) to develop a 300 megawatt (MW) solar photovoltaic (PV) power project, GTA announced.
PVM - Plunging solar glass prices caused by a China-led oversupply in the market will be reversed next year as tariffs imposed by the European Union (EU) begin to bite.
SIM - New York-based ContourGlobal has agreed to acquire approximately 201 MW of renewable energy operating plants in Austria, Slovakia and the Czech Republic from affiliates of the Austria-based Raiffeisen Banking Group.
CT - India’s Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is seeking funds to significantly increase India’s rooftop solar power capacity under the National Solar Mission.
BLOOMBERG - Risen Energy Co. (300118), a Chinese solar-panel maker, expects to invest $600 million to build a 300-megawatt solar-power project in Mexico, China Daily reported.
More news items
- 27 Oct 14 SPI Solar announces agreements to acquire PV projects totalling 360 MW, and one of the ...
- 27 Oct 14 New twist in EU-China trade row could spread tariffs to new countries
- 27 Oct 14 Windiga Energy to construct 20MW solar power plant in Burkina Faso
- 27 Oct 14 First Solar Conjures Lowest Bid In 500 MW Andhra Solar Tender
- 27 Oct 14 Wuxi Suntech Back From Dead Eyeing 1.5 Gigawatt Shipments
- 23 Oct 14 U.S. Solar Is 59 Percent Cheaper Than We Thought It Would Be Back In 2010
- 23 Oct 14 Saudi Arabia's ACWA Power shifts toward renewable energy
- 23 Oct 14 REC to ship 300MW to US
- 23 Oct 14 China Greatwall to Spend Over $87 Million on Solar Projects
- 23 Oct 14 Grupo Clavijo Completes 40 MW Installation In Chile
- 23 Oct 14 SunEdison wins 17.7 MW of distributed solar projects in California
- 22 Oct 14 LDK Files Bankruptcy in U.S. Court on China Solar Glut
- 22 Oct 14 Australia saves watered down Renewable Energy Target
- 22 Oct 14 Yingli Solar Reaches 2 GW Milestone In The Americas
- 22 Oct 14 REC Solar PV operations and maintenance business surpasses 175 MW
- 22 Oct 14 Hanwha signs supply agreement for 17MW in North Carolina
- 21 Oct 14 PartnerRe to Fund $100 Million of Mosaic Home Solar Loans
- 21 Oct 14 DCU and Sungage Financial $100 Million in Residential Solar Loans