BB - United Photovoltaics Group Ltd., a Chinese solar-farm operator, will spend as much as 9 billion yuan ($1.5 billion) to buy 1 gigawatt of projects this year, more than tripling the pace of its acquisitions. The Hong Kong-based company plans to run more projects as China “pushes solar as a strategic emerging industry,” Chief Executive Officer Alan Li said in an interview in Beijing.
RT - The European Union's anti-fraud office is investigating producers and importers of Chinese solar panels on suspicion that they are evading import duties designed to ensure a fair market, according to a source familiar with the study.
SS - According to latest findings from IHS Technology’s Q1 report on the global solar PV inverter market, PV inverter shipments grew 37.5% in Q1, 2015 versus the same quarter of 2014 and exceeded 11 GW. This is the largest Q1 on record and the fourth largest quarter the industry has recorded, IHS notes.
EBR - Southern Power has acquired 103MW Butler solar power plant in Georgia, US, from Community Energy. Community Energy will develop the project on 1,070 acres in Taylor County, stating in September.
ET - Southern California Edison (SCE) plans to upgrade and modernize the grid for its customers in densely populated metro areas and reduce power interruptions during periods of peak demand. It awarded SunEdison a contract to build 33MW of rooftop solar projects throughout the Orange County and Inland Empire industrial corridors.
BB - Yingli Green Energy Holding Co., the debt-strapped solar manufacturer that lost almost a third of its value this week, may get emergency funds to refinance.
RT - China's Hanergy Thin Film Power Group (0566.HK) is under investigation by Hong Kong's market watchdog, a source told Reuters just hours after the company lost half its market value of nearly $40 billion in 24 minutes on Wednesday.
More news items
- 21 May 15 MERCOM Capital Group raises India solar forecast to over 2 GW for 2015
- 21 May 15 Trina notches up record Q1 module sales of over 1GW
- 21 May 15 Principal Solar announces launch of proposed IPO
- 21 May 15 Belltown Power commissions 50MW of solar power plants in UK
- 20 May 15 Hanergy shares plunge nearly 50 pct in less than 30 mins, trade halted
- 20 May 15 Marubeni announces start of commercial operation at its 28.3 MW PV plant in Miyagi ...
- 20 May 15 EGP adds 12MW in Panama
- 20 May 15 Toshiba Mitsubishi Venture Says Solar Inverter Orders Rose 48%
- 20 May 15 First Solar and OrionGroup Form JV to Develop Solar in Philippines
- 20 May 15 SEIA Analysis Shows 97% Of U.S. Solar Growth Occurred After ITC Passage
- 19 May 15 Yingli Seeks Investors to Ease $2 Billion Debt After Solar Slump
- 19 May 15 JA Solar building 400MW solar cell plant in Malaysia; forms JV in India
- 19 May 15 Panasonic to expand its PV module production capacity to 1 GW
- 19 May 15 Hanwha adds 45MW in UK
- 19 May 15 JinkoSolar Supplying 50 MW Of Panels For Solar Projects Across Turkey
- 19 May 15 BELECTRIC partner KULOĞLU awarded PV projects totaling 77.4 MW in first licensing round ...
- 18 May 15 Breaking: Yingli raises doubts over ability to continue trading
- 18 May 15 Panasonic to Invest 10 Billion Yen in Residential PV Cell Production