BUSINESSWEEK - Solar Frontier K.K., a unit of Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K., may build a manufacturing plant for solar panels in New York as part of the state’s efforts to become a leader in clean energy innovation and manufacturing.
REUTERS - German utility RWE is planning a 37 megawatt (MW) solar park in Britain, it said on Wednesday, expanding its presence in renewable energy, which some analysts say has been neglected by the group.
PVTECH - Commercial operations have begun on Japan’s largest utility-scale PV plant to date. The 82MW ‘mega solar’ plant is located in Oita City, in southern Japan, and was built by conglomerate, Marubeni, which recently moved in to large-scale solar project construction.
SOLARSERVER - AVANCIS GmbH (Torgau, Germany), manufacturer of CIS solar photovoltaic modules, on April 22nd, 2014 announced that it is carving-out its business activity to sell it to the Chinese building materials and glass manufacturer CNBM (China National Building Materials Group Corporation, Beijing, China).
RENEWS - The 16MW Pitworthy PV plant has been linked to the UK grid and is generating power for investor Foresight Solar Fund.
BLOOMBERG - Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. (YGE), the world’s largest maker of solar panels, expects its debt burden to ease as higher shipments edge the company closer to turning a profit after three consecutive annual losses.
BLOOMBERG - Kyocera Corp. (6971) will invest in a tax equity partnership to develop $38 million in New York solar projects and signed a deal for U.S. Light Energy LLC to use its panels on all installations.
More news items
- 22 Apr 14 Yingli module tie-up in France
- 22 Apr 14 FLS issues RFP for 100 MW-AC of solar PV projects in the Carolinas
- 22 Apr 14 SunEdison Closes On 20 MW Adobe Solar Plant
- 22 Apr 14 43MW of Canadian Solar’s CS6P255P modules selected for second largest PV plant in Japan
- 22 Apr 14 Romania's Solar Industry Sees Rapid Expansion
- 18 Apr 14 IHS: Tariffs will cause U.S. PV module prices to rise, but no supply interruptions
- 18 Apr 14 LDK Solar reports unaudited fourth quarter loss of US$104.1 million
- 18 Apr 14 New High-Efficiency Honey Ultra Solar Module Developed By Trina Solar
- 18 Apr 14 Ukraine Seeks Renewable-Energy Boost to Counter Russia
- 18 Apr 14 Oklahoma Will Charge Customers Who Install Their Own Solar Panels
- 18 Apr 14 TÜV Rheinland Develops New ANSI Standards, Seeks PV Industry Participation
- 17 Apr 14 US Energy Dept plans $4 bln in loan aid for renewable energy
- 17 Apr 14 Sinolease plans to provide over USD 1.6 billion in lease financing to United PV for solar ...
- 17 Apr 14 SPG Solar Deploys SunSeeker Tracker For 50 MW System In Arizona
- 17 Apr 14 Greenbacker to finance up to 126MW of Hanergy projects in the US
- 17 Apr 14 Trina notches UK solar double
- 16 Apr 14 Clean Energy Investment Rises 9%, Led by Solar-Power Demand
- 16 Apr 14 India Signs Power Contracts for 700 Megawatts Solar