SS - The cumulative global market for solar photovoltaics (PV) is expected to triple by 2020 to almost 700 gigawatts (GW), with annual demand eclipsing 100 GW in 2019, according to GTM Research’s new ”Global PV Demand Outlook 2015–2020: Exploring Risk in Downstream Solar Markets”.
TNB - A US$200 million power deal in Egypt could help the country become the first gigawatt-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) market in the Mena region in the next two years.
BB - India will soon invite bids for its first dollar-linked solar power contracts, seeking to cut costs and woo investment as Prime Minister Narendra Modi targets an unprecedented expansion in clean energy.
SNR - Uruguay will implement rural renewable energy projects in each of its 19 departments through wind, photovoltaic, biomass, biofuel or biogas solutions, national energy director Olga Otegui has said, quoted in a press release on Friday.
REM - The law was adopted in February and signed into law by the President on 11 March 2015. Pursuant to the final provisions of the act, the feed-in tariff system, just like the new auction system, will become effective as from 1 January, 2016.
GMA - Gregorio Araneta Inc. on Monday said it intends to build what is possibly the biggest solar farm in Southeast Asia, as the real estate firm diversifies further into the renewable energy sector.
rN - There was significant growth in renewable electricity in the UK in 2015, up 19% compared to the year before, according to data from the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
More news items
- 29 Jun 15 Pakistan "on way to become Asian tiger" as PV gets popular in tribal areas
- 29 Jun 15 Punjab invites investors to set up solar power projects for 500MW
- 29 Jun 15 World Bank Group’s MIGA supports 50 MW of solar PV in Jordan
- 29 Jun 15 Thai Solar Energy kicks off 300MW plan with Japan projects
- 26 Jun 15 REC to enter African solar market amid 100 GW predictions.
- 26 Jun 15 Punjab harnessing solar power in fields, targets 1,000 MW in two years
- 26 Jun 15 U.S. government to support 20 MW PV facility in Jamaica
- 26 Jun 15 Japan to implement solar module recycling and recovery measures
- 26 Jun 15 First Solar commences first India operation in Telangana
- 25 Jun 15 579 MW PV Power Plant, Now Operational
- 25 Jun 15 SMA inaugurates new diesel-PV hybrid test centre in Germany
- 25 Jun 15 Australian Energy Law Paves Way for $11 Billion in Projects
- 25 Jun 15 Yingli Solar to Ship 40MW of PV Modules to Honduras
- 25 Jun 15 Japan is building huge floating solar power plants
- 25 Jun 15 Case against Italian FiT changes referred to constitutional court
- 24 Jun 15 Japan Added 18,757 Megawatts of Clean Energy From July 2012
- 24 Jun 15 U.S. community solar is poised to be a half-gigawatt annual market
- 24 Jun 15 Thai coal giant Banpu backs solar with 200MW renewable energy investment