PVT - Japan will produce definitive targets for renewable energy this year, according to a government official. The country’s leaders have taken criticism from pro-renewable energy groups for not doing so previously.
ET - TOTAL, a global integrated oil and gas company, and SunPower have completed the 70MW PV Salvador project, one of the world's largest operating merchant solar power plants. The power plant is expected to produce approximately 200 GWh of solar electricity per year, enough to supply electricity to approximately 70,000 households in Chile.
SOLARSERVER - The UK Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) have published their latest statistics on small-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) installations on January 23rd, 2015, showing that over 125,000 homes put solar on their roof last year.
REUTERS - Italy is planning to halt incentives to solar power producers, a junior minister said on Monday, after years in which generous public support to the sector has fed investor interest including from abroad.
SN - Qatar is soon expected to invite bids for the development of 200 MW of solar projects, local daily Al Sharq said last week.
United PV announces USD 67 million convertible bonds subscription agreement, acquisition of an 80 MW PV plant26 Jan 15 - 13:51 CET
SOLARSERVER - United Photovoltaics Group Limited (Hong Kong), whose largest shareholder is China Merchants New Energy Group (CMNE), a leading solar photovoltaic (PV) plant investor and operator in China, on January 26th, 2015 announced that the Company entered into a formal subscription agreement with China Merchants Fund Management Co. Ltd under China ...
BW - Valhalla Energia is seeking to build Latin America’s largest solar project in Chile, a $1 billion facility that would generate 600 megawatts of power.
More news items
- 23 Jan 15 Dutch infrastructure fund acquires 10MW Glenarm solar plant from Canadian Solar
- 23 Jan 15 Exosun establishes base in South Africa with local manufacturing agreements
- 23 Jan 15 HelioSage and Gulf Power to Build 120 MW of PV Projects for US Force in Florida
- 23 Jan 15 Heliene To Begin Solar Panel Production At Minnesota Facility
- 23 Jan 15 SCHMID Group announces progress on construction of the integrated 71 MW PV production ...
- 22 Jan 15 ITC finds harm against U.S. solar industry; duties on imports of PV products from China and ...
- 22 Jan 15 Chinese tier-1 PV module suppliers sold out in Q1 - IHS
- 22 Jan 15 Welspun to Set Up 100 Megawatt Solar Project in South India
- 22 Jan 15 Hanwha Q Cells ends production in Germany
- 22 Jan 15 SunEdison and TerraForm Power to Build 85.2MW of Solar Projects in UK
- 22 Jan 15 Solairedirect Gets $295 Million in Financing for Solar Projects in France, India & Chile
- 21 Jan 15 PV installations in China could top 15GW in 2015 - CICC investment bank
- 21 Jan 15 Japan Could Cut Solar Tariffs as Much as 18% Following Cost Drop
- 21 Jan 15 Penn Energy bags USD 125m for 37 MW of Ontario solar parks
- 21 Jan 15 Kong Sun to Add $1.1 Billion of Solar Power Projects This Year
- 21 Jan 15 World Economic Forum report highlights opportunities; USD 7.6 trillion in investments ...
- 21 Jan 15 France looks to resuscitate residential solar market
- 20 Jan 15 India's Modi Ramps up Solar Investment Target to $100 bln by 2022