SIM - The North and South American solar photovoltaic installed capacity will increase more than tenfold over the coming years, climbing from 13.1 GW in 2013 to 138.8 GW by 2030, says a new report from U.K.-based research and consulting firm GlobalData. The increase represents a compounded annual growth rate of 15%.
NEWNET - Portugese solar developer Martifer Solar is building a 78.4MW solar portfolio for UK-based Lightsource Renewable Energy.
PVTECH - Guam is finally beginning its first foray into the renewable energy sector, as NRG Solar and Boeing announced that construction had begun on Dandan, a 25MW solar power plant.
BLOOMBERG - Trina Solar (TSL) Ltd., China’s second-largest photovoltaic panel maker, expects shipments of modules to increase as much as 47 percent this year on surging demand in Asia and the Middle East.
SOLARSERVER - France has awarded 177 solar photovoltaic (PV) projects for a total of 40.3 MW, under a recent solicitation for PV systems 100–250 kW in capacity.
REUTERS - Chinese solar panel maker Yingli Green Energy Holding Co Ltd on Tuesday warned that it would miss its fourth-quarter gross margins forecast due to disposal of low-efficiency cell inventory and tax adjustments.
SOLARSERVER - Deutsche Bank AG (Frankfurt, Germany) has published a new research note which finds that the Japanese solar photovoltaic (PV) market remains strong ahead of reductions to feed-in tariff levels in April 2014, but expresses concern over the projection of 14 GW to be installed in the Chinese market.
More news items
- 03 Mar 14 JinkoSolar posts third straight profit as solar farms shine
- 03 Mar 14 Martifer Solar Building 78.4 MW Solar Portfolio In The U.K. For Lightsource
- 03 Mar 14 ReneSola and Vitec’s PV module plant to have 80MW capacity
- 03 Mar 14 JA Solar Supplying 7.8 Megawatts of Modules for U.K. Solar Farm
- 28 Feb 14 Ghana in line for hundreds of megawatts of PV power and manufacturing capacity
- 28 Feb 14 PG&E seeks PPA approval for 150 MW solar PV plant
- 28 Feb 14 Centrosolar creditors' committee in favour of insolvency plan
- 28 Feb 14 SunEdison Closes On 56 MW Portfolio Of Utility-Scale Solar Projects In The U.K.
- 28 Feb 14 Japan May Impose Land, Equipment Rule for Solar, Yomiuri Says
- 28 Feb 14 Renewed Wuxi Suntech targetting UK
- 27 Feb 14 Spain's Acciona sent to first loss by state energy reforms
- 27 Feb 14 Yingli to supply 54 MW of solar PV modules for UK projects
- 27 Feb 14 China to Compile List of Solar Projects Qualifying for Financing
- 27 Feb 14 Austin-based solar energy company HelioVolt suspends operations
- 27 Feb 14 Trina Solar strengthens Jordan presence with 2MW EPC deal
- 27 Feb 14 Conergy To Build 830 kW Solar Plant In Japan, Establishes Subsidiary
- 26 Feb 14 SMA Solar Takes Over Danfoss Inverter Unit, Sells 20% Stake
- 26 Feb 14 Norway's REC Silicon sets up Chinese JV, shares surge