CP - The price of utility-scale solar power is 59 percent below where analysts thought it would be at this point back in 2010.
REUTERS - Saudi Arabia-based power and water project developer ACWA Power is seeking to secure or arranging finance for $15 billion worth of projects, nearly half of which are in renewable energy, its chief executive said.
RENEWS - Norway-based REC Group has closed two supply agreements with US-based Recurrent Energy for the supply of a total 300MW of PV panels for utility-scale developments in California.
BLOOMBERG - China Greatwall Computer Shenzhen Co. (000066), which last month said it was selling shares to fund solar developments, plans to spend more than $87 million on rooftop and ground-mounted systems.
SIM - The Spanish company Grupo Clavijo has completed the installation of 40 MW of single-axis solar trackers in Chanares, Chile, working with Greenwood Biosar Chile Spa. Grupo Clavijo notes all of the trackers were manufactured in six weeks and assembled in just two months.
PVM - SunEdison has secured 17.7 MW of distributed solar PV projects through the Regional Renewable Energy Procurement Project (R-REP) led by the California county of Alameda.
BLOOMBERG - LDK Solar Co. (LDKSY), the Chinese solar-cell maker that defaulted on its bonds this year, filed for bankruptcy in the U.S. to help carry out restructurings already under way in Hong Kong and the Cayman Islands.
More news items
- 22 Oct 14 Australia saves watered down Renewable Energy Target
- 22 Oct 14 Yingli Solar Reaches 2 GW Milestone In The Americas
- 22 Oct 14 REC Solar PV operations and maintenance business surpasses 175 MW
- 22 Oct 14 Hanwha signs supply agreement for 17MW in North Carolina
- 21 Oct 14 PartnerRe to Fund $100 Million of Mosaic Home Solar Loans
- 21 Oct 14 DCU and Sungage Financial $100 Million in Residential Solar Loans
- 21 Oct 14 Solar Consolidation Expected as Tax Credit Drives Deals
- 21 Oct 14 AUO, BenQ Solar deployed PV plants in Taiwan with an installed capacity of 23.4 MW
- 21 Oct 14 ET Solar Supplies 5 MW PV Modules to a Mining Operation in Suriname
- 21 Oct 14 Ecoplexus Breaks Ground On Three North Carolina Solar Projects (21MW)
- 20 Oct 14 First Solar installs inaugural panel at South America’s largest (141MW) PV Plant
- 20 Oct 14 Sky Solar Plans 40-Megawatt Project in Japan: Iwate Nippo
- 20 Oct 14 Defra axes UK farm solar subsidies
- 20 Oct 14 IFC finalizes $207.5m loan for construction of seven solar plants in Jordan
- 20 Oct 14 JinkoSolar Supplied 34MW of Solar Modules for Four sPower PV Projects
- 17 Oct 14 As Japan eyes nuclear restarts, renewables get shut out of grid
- 17 Oct 14 Orix presses ahead with solar despite grid constraints
- 17 Oct 14 India’s Solar Power Targets Too High For Domestic Module Manufacturers, Claims Report