Chinese government reforms could expand the role of private industry in energy, change energy pricing
SOLARSERVER - The Communist Party of China (CCP) has outline a series of economic reforms to limit state involvement and allow private enterprises an expanded role, according to a white paper by IHS Inc. (Englewood, Colorado, U.S.). This was revealed in the Third Plenum of the CCP's 18th Congress.
BUSINESSWIRE - After several meetings and facility tours at BYD’s production facilities in Shenzhen, BYD and Strata Solar have announced an extensive solar partnership for 2014. Chapel Hill-based Strata Solar has inked a deal with BYD to purchase 160 MW’s of their premium solar panels which represents over a third of Strata’s scheduled construction work ...
PVTECH - Weak market demand and pricing pressure on a-Si thin-film modules were cited by Schott Solar for the permanent closure of its manufacturing facility in Jena, Germany, with the potential loss of around 150 jobs.
RENEWS - Canadian Solar Solutions has selected Renewable Energy Systems Canada (RES Canada) to build two 10MW solar photovoltaic plants in Ontario.
BLOOMBERG - SunPower Corp. (SPWR), the second-largest U.S. solar-panel maker, is testing power-storage systems in three countries to complement its residential systems, its chief executive officer said.
SIM - International Finance Corp. (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, and China-based power systems provider Chint Group have signed a memorandum of understanding to develop solar farms, acquire targeted companies that offer complementary products and services, and open more manufacturing plants in emerging markets around the world.
BLOOMBERG - Solargiga Energy Holdings Ltd. (757), a Chinese solar manufacturer, formed a joint venture to develop 200 megawatts of photovoltaic plants in Ghana.
More news items
- 11 Dec 13 Hanwha SolarOne supplies solar PV modules for 50 MW of Chinese projects
- 11 Dec 13 EU provides €2.3 million in aid to former First Solar workers in Germany
- 11 Dec 13 Canadian Solar Supplies 8.7 MW Of Solar Modules For Project In Mexico
- 11 Dec 13 SolarMax is awarded large-scale contracts with 61.4MW in the UK
- 11 Dec 13 Enfinity looking to invest $600 million in 3-4 Philippines PV plants
- 10 Dec 13 US to Surpass Germany in Solar in 2013; 930 MW Installed in Q3
- 10 Dec 13 Canadian Solar Gets Financing for 145 Megawatts of Japan Plants
- 10 Dec 13 Hanergy to build thin-film PV factory in Brazil
- 10 Dec 13 China Encourages Power Grid Purchase of Solar to Boost Capacity
- 10 Dec 13 Taiwanese PV suppliers continue sales growth in November as demand remains strong
- 10 Dec 13 Thai state agencies get $124mln in solar panel assistance
- 09 Dec 13 Rooftop solar PV reaches 3GW in Australia
- 09 Dec 13 China WindPower Gets $81 Million in Loans for Solar Farms
- 09 Dec 13 Shunfeng commissions 50 MW solar PV plant in Northwestern China
- 09 Dec 13 Canadian Solar Supplies 8.7 MW of Solar Modules for Mexican PV project
- 09 Dec 13 ReneSola records $203 mln charge for plant shutdown
- 09 Dec 13 North American PV Mounting Market To Exceed $1.5 Billion In 2018
- 05 Dec 13 Bulgaria imposes 20 pct fee on solar and wind power