BLOOMBERG - Scotland’s renewable energy developers breathed a sigh of relief at the decision by voters to stick with the U.K., which will leave intact subsidies that support investments in wind and solar power projects.
REUTERS - The U.S. Department of Energy unveiled its latest energy efficiency rule on Thursday, a standard for commercial air conditioning units that the White House believes could slash energy use in commercial and industrial buildings.
PVTECH - Solar prices in the US in 2013 fell by a further 15% year on year, a study from the Department of Energy and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory has found.
Finnish consulting and engineering company Pöyry awarded assignments for 130 MW solar PV project in Thailand19 Sep 14 - 15:23 CEST
SOLARSERVER - Energy Absolute Public Company Limited (Bangkok, Thailand) has awarded the international consulting and engineering company Pöyry (Vantaa, Finland) with engineering assignments for the “EA Solar Lampang” solar photovoltaic (PV) project in Thailand.
EBR - World Bank Group member International Finance Corporation (IFC) is lending $96m to Turkish leasing company Yapi Kredi Leasing in order to promote energy efficiency and renewable energy in the country.
SIM - Urban Green Energy (UGE) says it has formed a strategic partnership with OTEPI Renewables in an effort to expand the commercial solar market in Panama.
NPD Solarbuzz: Major Asia-Pacific markets to account for 60 percent of global solar PV demand in H2, 201418 Sep 14 - 14:50 CEST
SOLARSERVER - The total solar photovoltaic (PV) demand from the five leading Asia Pacific (APAC) markets - China, Japan, India, Australia and Thailand - is forecast to reach 17.2 gigawatts (GW) during the second half of 2014, accounting for almost 60 percent of global solar PV demand, according to findings in the latest NPD Solarbuzz report.
More news items
- 18 Sep 14 Brazil State to Have Solar Auction as It Seeks Local Panel Plant
- 18 Sep 14 Blackstone-backed Vivint Solar's IPO to raise up to $371 mln
- 18 Sep 14 US and Japan to drive PV microinverter and power optimiser growth
- 18 Sep 14 SMA Inverters Selected for 140MW Solar Plant in Canada
- 18 Sep 14 Verizon Spending $13.8M On New Solar Projects In N.J.
- 17 Sep 14 IPVEA: Lack of supply chain optimization is costing the solar PV industry USD 400-500 ...
- 17 Sep 14 Homeowners Are Expected to Invest More Than $625 Billion in Residential Generation and ...
- 17 Sep 14 Solar Frontier modules power 21.3MW Showa Shell Japan project
- 17 Sep 14 Europe’s First Commercial Battery-Storage Unit Starts in Germany
- 17 Sep 14 ADB Set To Release $150 Million For India’s Renewable Energy Transmission Network
- 17 Sep 14 Britain slides to 5-year low in E&Y's renewable energy ranking
- 16 Sep 14 India to Lift Solar Target Fivefold to 15 Gigawatts
- 16 Sep 14 Yingli Drops Q2 Solar Module Manufacturing Costs to Less Than 50 Cents per Watt
- 16 Sep 14 Duke Energy to invest $500 mln in North Carolina solar power
- 16 Sep 14 Hareon Solar raising over US$600 million for business growth
- 16 Sep 14 New PV Projects expand REC Solar’s Hawaii footprint to 27 MW
- 16 Sep 14 EDF Renewable Energy Selling 57 MW Of Solar Projects To Dominion
- 15 Sep 14 Trina Solar Can’t Meet Demand: CEO