WALL STREET JOURNAL - JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. (Nasdaq:JASO) ("JA Solar" or the "Company"), one of the world's largest manufacturers of high-performance solar power products, today announced that it has repaid at maturity a total of $119 million, comprising the principal amount and accrued interest, of its 4.5% convertible notes due May 15, 2013.
SOLARSERVER - Schneider Electric SA (Rueil Malmaison, France) reports that it has supplied power conversion solutions to Solairedirect (Paris, France) to accompany 85 MW of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation at 10 French PV plants.
SOLAR NOVUS TODAY - An international group of banks led by BayernLB has provided a financing framework totaling €85 million to Gehrlicher Solar AG, including €30 million for avals (guarantees), for another two years. The mezzanine capital of €6 million was also extended by Bayern Mezzaninekapital GmbH & Co. KG for the same period.
BLOOMBERG - SunPower Corp. (SPWR), the second-largest U.S. solar manufacturer, expects photovoltaic panels to become a standard feature in new home construction in the U.S., Chief Executive Officer Tom Werner said.
SOLARINDUSTRYMAG - The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has engaged the U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to help measure the region's solar resource.
REUTERS - China warned the European Union on Thursday that imposing duties on Chinese solar panels would "seriously harm" bilateral trade ties, upping the tone of its criticism a week after the EU said it would move ahead with hefty penalties in June.
SOLARSERVER - Citing heightened risks to investors, pvXchange GmbH (Cologne, Germany) has released a statement warning that the EU solar photovoltaic (PV) market will be the biggest loser if duties are imposed on imports of Chinese PV products.
More news items
- 16 May 13 Goldman Sachs Lending More Than $500 Million for SolarCity Roofs
- 16 May 13 Japan Asia Group Moving Ahead With 500 MW Solar Plan in Japan
- 16 May 13 Scatec Solar to build two solar PV projects totaling 115 MW
- 15 May 13 IHS: EU tariffs will price out Chinese solar PV, weaken demand
- 15 May 13 Eurus Energy Plans to Build 115MW Solar Station in North Japan
- 15 May 13 SMA Solar Q1 loss lower than expected on orders from U.S., Japan
- 15 May 13 Greece retroactively cuts feed-in tariff for solar PV
- 15 May 13 Trina Solar Falls After Reducing Quarterly Shipment Estimate
- 15 May 13 Hanergy to acquire Engensa to drive domestic solar push
- 14 May 13 Germany disputes hard EU stance on China solar panel duties
- 14 May 13 Japan: Nippon Paper to build Shikoku's largest solar power plant (21 MW)
- 14 May 13 Anti-dumping tariffs will promote jobs and growth, study says, others skeptical
- 14 May 13 Solaria Corp. Expands Into Chinese Solar Market
- 14 May 13 SolarCity installations and expenses increase in Q1 2013
- 14 May 13 L.A. Utility to Seek Bids for 250 Megawatts of Solar Power
- 13 May 13 The solar paradox: boom, bust or both?
- 13 May 13 KDC Solar completes 4.96 MW PV plant in New Jersey
- 13 May 13 Solar Firms Launch Alliance Focused On Net Metering