Over the years we’ve seen and experienced many challenges and barriers in the constantly evolving renewable energy industry. There are regulatory hurdles, technical challenges, and consumer acceptance, to name a few. But one of the biggest impediments to widespread change has always been finance. Now, the emerging finance method of “crowd funding” has provided a new way to leave out third parties, provide energy and monetary benefits to investors and democratize energy in the true sense. The five platforms listed below are the top leaders in renewable energy crowd funding, based on the money they have raised so far.
LONDON – Rapidly emerging investment vehicles and models like Yieldcos and Independent Power Producers (IPP’s) are opening up the solar market for large scale investments, making solar assets investable for big investors. Portfolios being sold on the secondary markets in the €50-100m tranche range are increasing and €2-3 billion of new assets per annum ...
Christoph van Bergen is CEO of Sputnik Engineering AG (SolarMax). He is a leading solar industry veteran and probably has the longest track record as CEO of a solar PV company in the world. He is known for his in depth knowledge, vision, modesty and friendliness and a visionary PV industry leader. Solarplaza interviews Christoph to get a grasp of his ...
"After the roller coaster years, increasing steadyness of the global industry might be the biggest surprise"26 May 14 - 09:38 CEST
In light of their new product-launch, Solarplaza interviews Walter Nehls, CEO of the global market leader in process automation systems for the production of solar modules: Komax Solar.
During two fully packed days this week developers, financiers, government officials and other key stakeholders met at the Pullman Hotel in Dakar, Senegal to learn about and discuss «Competitive Solar Solutions West Africa». The Solarplaza-organised event was supported by key institutions like the World Bank and its affiliate IFC, the national Development ...
The Top 10 of largest solar energy projects in the Netherlands, published by Solarplaza, shows a strong increase in the amount of commercial projects. The list features a number of unique projects, such as the Amsterdam ArenA footballstadium, which managed to squeeze itself into the sixth position just before publication. With 1.129 kWp of installed ...
Our new Top 10 gives an overview of the ten largest Solar PV projects that are connected and running today. Check out the top 10, read the article and download the top 30 (see the bottom of the article for instructions) and get a complete grasp of just how big the utility-scale game is becoming.
- 29 Apr 14 Dutch government blocks local solar projects
- 18 Apr 14 Top 10 Solar PV Stocks over 2013
- 25 Mar 14 100,000 more roofs with solar panels in a year’s time
- 18 Mar 14 Success of Solar O&M conference highlights the importance and potential of topic
- 17 Mar 14 5 Factors Shaping the Solar O&M Market in the U.S. and Europe
- 12 Mar 14 Defining an Industry: Solar PV Operations & Maintenance versus Asset Management
- 24 Jan 14 The post-parity PV world is challenging energy utilities
- 21 Jan 14 Old Mutual: South Africa’s Major Solar Energy Investor
- 14 Jan 14 The Solar Future South Africa – Gathering of Global Financial Heavyweights
- 03 Dec 13 International companies see solar market emerge in Saudi Arabia
- 13 Nov 13 Investment opportunity awaits for solar PV in Turkey
- 04 Nov 13 Solar in Saudi Arabia: It’s Just Getting Started
- 30 Oct 13 New policy stimulates companies in Turkey to become “prosumers”
- 18 Oct 13 Why solar will be unstoppable despite a bumpy road ahead
- 14 Oct 13 "Energy system collapse is inevitable; solar is part of the road to renaissance"
- 14 Oct 13 "Solar PV plants can - and need to - be better operated and maintained"
- 03 Oct 13 10,000 Solar panels per day required to achieve Saudi Government goal
- 30 Sep 13 The right O&M software can improve solar plant efficiency by 5% and cut operations costs by 40%