The Spanish solar industry is up in arms over a proposal that would make self-consumption of renewable energy a virtual non-starter.
Hundreds of companies have registered to become power purchasers and suppliers when Japan’s retail electricity market frees up in 2016. They won’t have it easy, though.
An initiative by R&B star Akon may have lent glamour to West Africa’s solar market, but it remains to be seen how quickly off-grid projects will take place.
Recent interest in combining energy storage with PV overlooks the fact that solar-diesel hybrid plants are still usually the best option for off-grid power.
Colombia’s nascent solar market looks promising even though a final decision on what producers will get for excess energy has been more than a year in coming.
New York’s need for solar-tied storage looks set to grow as the US state faces increasing demand challenges with the retirement of traditional generation.
Continued growth in the popularity of solar yieldcos is raising questions around how well the model can work outside of the US. Recent weeks have seen announcements relating to two new yieldcos in Canada plus one in Taiwan.
- 29 May 15 Finance challenge to Brazilian solar
- 28 May 15 Entrepreneur plant holdup for India’s 100GW solar plan
- 30 Apr 15 Yieldco: a financial catalyst for creating new solar parks
- 24 Apr 15 Californian Energy Utility PG&E Allows Every Customer to go solar
- 24 Apr 15 Top 25 - Announced Projects NL
- 23 Apr 15 Chilean Market Overview and Supplemental Reading
- 23 Apr 15 Top 25 Biggest Announced Solar PV Projects in Chile
- 20 Apr 15 Solar energy critical to achieving Dutch climate goals
- 16 Mar 15 Top 10 Biggest Solar PV Projects in Chile
- 10 Mar 15 Webinar: The Dutch Solar Market - Facts & Figures
- 20 Feb 15 An In-Depth Interview with JinkoSolar’s CSO & Head of Emerging Markets: Arturo Herrero
- 16 Feb 15 Cost of Solar to Drop Another 20-30% as 2020 Approaches
- 12 Feb 15 Leading Solar Investment Fund Sees Continued Growth for UK Market Under the New CfD Scheme
- 11 Feb 15 How Hybrid Solar Solutions can Reduce Costs for Intensive Energy Users
- 04 Feb 15 Saudi companies are in the driver’s seat for renewable energy development at home and abroad
- 28 Jan 15 Top 50 World’s Best Performing PV Stocks in 2014
- 26 Jan 15 High Costs of Diesel Pushing $1/kWh Pave the Way for African Solar Surge
- 14 Jan 15 Top 10 Biggest Solar IPOs of 2014