The wave of renewable energy IPOs has only just begun, meaning that we can expect to see even more companies posting initial public offerings in 2015. As far as the 2014 list is concerned, the following ten IPOs met with success, raising millions of dollars from institutional investors to raise expansion capital. The value of IPOs stems from the fact that they give private companies the opportunity to become publicly traded enterprises, allowing money to flow freely and pass back and forth through the hands of investors.
In 2014, the Mexican electricity market underwent a massive transformation, bringing three institutions together to oversee its expansion and development. In 2015, the Mexican market is proving itself to be one of the biggest markets to watch, as it presently hovers on the verge of a solar revolution.
Yieldcos aren’t exactly a new concept, yet their presence, particularly in the renewable energy sector, has ascended in 2014. The popularity of Yieldcos stems from their affordability, as investors can expect low-risk returns that likely will increase over time. Yieldcos are created by parent companies, such as the example of the current top ...
Last year, The Netherlands lost its pioneer shuttle autronaut Wubbo Ockels. More than a 'regular' space austronaut he considered himself to be an astronaut of spaceship earth, stimulating and promoting sustainability and the use of renewable energy.
The world of solar encompasses far more than a variety of panel types, modules and inverters, as a solar industry newcomer might believe at first glance. In the last decade, great strides have been taken to promote the use of solar energy, from the sophistication of solar technology, to the increasing affordability of solar installations. However, many ...
In 2008, SolarMax hit its peak, claiming the title of fifth largest inverter supplier in the world. Last week, Swiss parent company of SolarMax, Sputnik Engineering, declared bankruptcy, leaving many portfolio owners and service providers confused and without support. As unfortunate as the case may be; it likely will not be the last we witness. The ...
While incurring debt does not necessarily mean a company is unable to function at its peak performance, here is an interesting list of Solar Module Manufacturers from all over the world that have managed to maintain the least amount of debt compared to their equity.
- 04 Dec 14 The Key to Understanding the Energy Sector’s Reform in Mexico: Solar Finance Tour Mexico 2015
- 02 Dec 14 Markets to watch in Central America: Wrap-up of the International PV Trade Mission
- 26 Nov 14 TOP 5 Cheapest Solar kWh’s in the World
- 25 Nov 14 Improving Standardization and Other Trends in Managing and Optimizing Solar Assets
- 19 Nov 14 Birth of Competitive Solar Era Boosts Demand for Diesel Fuel Replacement in Africa
- 22 Oct 14 Panama's PV Tender: Investing in the most competitive economy in Latin America
- 18 Sep 14 Top 20 PV portfolios in Europe: Who owns what?
- 03 Sep 14 Saudi Arabia looks to offset diesel with off-grid and hybrid solar solutions
- 22 Aug 14 Renewable Energy Crowdfunding Map
- 06 Aug 14 Saudi Arabia offers one of world’s lowest solar energy costs
- 05 Aug 14 "I love my Mac. I just wish it came in green"
- 15 Jul 14 TOP 5 Renewable Energy Crowdfunding Platforms
- 13 Jun 14 New investment models attract billions to solar assets
- 28 May 14 European inverter manufacturers remain competitive with Asian counterparts
- 26 May 14 "After the roller coaster years, increasing steadyness of the global industry might be the ...
- 15 May 14 Dakar event reveals untapped potential for solar power in West Africa
- 13 May 14 Top 10 Dutch Solar PV Projects
- 30 Apr 14 Top 10 Solar PV Projects Worldwide