Travis Bradford is the founder and president of the Prometheus Institute for Sustainable Development. As solar pioneer and researcher, he is closely tied to Greentech Media (Research) and has been involved in the foundation of the Carbon War Room, the brainchild of Richard Branson. He is a professor at Columbia University in New York, but is also still actively involved in capital investments in California and other parts of the USA.
Old Mutual, the largest and one of the most well-established financial services providers in Southern Africa, is by far the country’s major investor in solar PV projects. It is investing in at least nine projects established under the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (REIPPPP) initiated by the government. Old Mutual is ...
With Vishal Shah as the latest addition to the list of speakers of the 3rd annual The Solar Future South Africa conference, Solarplaza has managed to gather an impressive group of financial expert heavyweights. Combined, these veterans represent decades of experience within the financial side of the renewable energy world.
With the hype surrounding the Saudi solar power market lately, a rational view has become much needed to put things back into perspective. How ready is the Saudi market for investment, which solar technology will lead the way, and how different will solar power purchase agreements be from the existing ones?
There are many investment opportunities for commercial scale solar energy projects in Turkey. Financing is still a challenge, but that is likely to be overcome by the booming interest in the sector.
It’s hard to imagine that a few years ago, a 1 MW PV plant was seen as a large project, when Saudi Arabia is targeting 6000 MW of solar PV capacity by 2020. The achievement of such an ambitious goal, however, will require the installation of around 10,000 solar panels per day.
Turkey updated its policy on unlicensed renewable energy production in early October, making it possible for owners of small solar PV systems to sell their surplus to the government.
- 18 Oct 13 Why solar will be unstoppable despite a bumpy road ahead
- 14 Oct 13 "Energy system collapse is inevitable; solar is part of the road to renaissance"
- 14 Oct 13 "Solar PV plants can - and need to - be better operated and maintained"
- 03 Oct 13 10,000 Solar panels per day required to achieve Saudi Government goal
- 30 Sep 13 The right O&M software can improve solar plant efficiency by 5% and cut operations costs by 40%
- 19 Sep 13 The Crucial Role of Operations and Maintenance in Maximizing Financial Results of PV ...
- 27 Aug 13 Implications of the EU–China anti-dumping settlement
- 27 Aug 13 ‘Solar energy can cut down electricity costs in Indonesia’
- 13 Aug 13 Massive solar power sets energy utilities further aside (video)
- 09 Jul 13 Solar Guru Jigar Shah on his new book: 'Creating Climate Wealth'
- 11 Jun 13 "Chile, Peru, Brazil & Mexico are relevant. Other markets to watch are Colombia, Ecuador ...
- 30 May 13 The status of the Global PV market in 5 simple visuals
- 29 May 13 10 Energy Storage startups to watch
- 27 May 13 "By 2013, we expect 13 Indian states to achieve commercial parity"
- 08 May 13 Australia predicted to install 750MW in 2013
- 06 May 13 Moving the UK solar market past the ‘boom and bust’ stage
- 02 May 13 Dutch 2020 targets "just an exercise for the real thing"
- 01 May 13 Multinationals increasingly switch to solar energy