Europe’s solar portfolios are still divided over a large number of different owners, but this is a changing landscape. In conjunction with our conference Solar O&M Europe, we have started to create an overview and to map developments in this field, resulting in the attached infographic, which we would like to share with you.
Riyadh – 3 September 2014, Off-grid solar photovoltaic applications and hybrid solutions have already demonstrated their technical and economic feasibility in many parts of the world. These applications are even more relevant in Saudi Arabia because of the Kingdom’s superlative solar radiation, industrial penetration into remote areas, and the staggering ...
Democratization of energy and finance now go hand in hand, thanks to crowdfunding. Platforms all over the world are enabling people to contribute towards the environment themselves, while making returns that beat any saving account. For renewable energy project developers this also opens a world of opportunities, tapping into the wealth of retail investors.
Solar power costs have fallen dramatically over the last five years, thanks to lower module prices, lower balance of system costs, and increased competition at the development and EPC level. Financing costs have also decreased as investors recognize the low-risk profile of solar assets. As a result, solar power is now cheaper than most alternative ...
Last April Apple released a beautiful promo-video titled "better". Though many cynics will still discount the computer giant's efforts as window(s) dressing, Apple has actually gotten a lot 'better' in its environmental and sustainability policies since it was heavily criticized for its manufacturing processes halfway into the 2000s.
Over the years we’ve seen and experienced many challenges and barriers in the constantly evolving renewable energy industry. There are regulatory hurdles, technical challenges, and consumer acceptance, to name a few. But one of the biggest impediments to widespread change has always been finance. Now, the emerging finance method of “crowd funding” has ...
LONDON – Rapidly emerging investment vehicles and models like Yieldcos and Independent Power Producers (IPP’s) are opening up the solar market for large scale investments, making solar assets investable for big investors. Portfolios being sold on the secondary markets in the €50-100m tranche range are increasing and €2-3 billion of new assets per annum ...
- 28 May 14 European inverter manufacturers remain competitive with Asian counterparts
- 26 May 14 "After the roller coaster years, increasing steadyness of the global industry might be the ...
- 15 May 14 Dakar event reveals untapped potential for solar power in West Africa
- 13 May 14 Top 10 Dutch Solar PV Projects
- 30 Apr 14 Top 10 Solar PV Projects Worldwide
- 29 Apr 14 Dutch government blocks local solar projects
- 18 Apr 14 Top 10 Solar PV Stocks over 2013
- 25 Mar 14 100,000 more roofs with solar panels in a year’s time
- 18 Mar 14 Success of Solar O&M conference highlights the importance and potential of topic
- 17 Mar 14 5 Factors Shaping the Solar O&M Market in the U.S. and Europe
- 12 Mar 14 Defining an Industry: Solar PV Operations & Maintenance versus Asset Management
- 24 Jan 14 The post-parity PV world is challenging energy utilities
- 21 Jan 14 Old Mutual: South Africa’s Major Solar Energy Investor
- 14 Jan 14 The Solar Future South Africa – Gathering of Global Financial Heavyweights
- 03 Dec 13 International companies see solar market emerge in Saudi Arabia
- 13 Nov 13 Investment opportunity awaits for solar PV in Turkey
- 04 Nov 13 Solar in Saudi Arabia: It’s Just Getting Started
- 30 Oct 13 New policy stimulates companies in Turkey to become “prosumers”