In 2014, the Chilean solar market flourished as developers in the region witnessed many of their large-scale solar PV constructions become installed and connected to the grid. With a record-setting first quarter of 2015, Chile is evolving into a world-class player in terms of cumulative installations.
The Dutch population is in favor of solar energy, the sector has professionalized and in 2014 the Dutch solar market boomed again, breaking through the 1 GWp threshold of installed solar capacity. The country is expected to double its installed PV power within two years and massive 10+ MW projects are being set up.
JinkoSolar’s Arturo Herrero is a key player within the solar industry, serving as the current Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Emerging Markets at JinkoSolar, which is currently the 3rd largest solar module manufacturer in the world. Having brought two Chinese solar module manufacturers onto the New York Stock Exchange in less than a decade, Trina ...
Solar PV has recently been handed a huge responsibility, and solar proponents may now rejoice as the world finally expects solar power to fill the role of the global electricity providing powerhouse. While the global PV market rang in around 42 GW at the end of 2014, the worldwide market is now gaining even more momentum with emerging markets boasting ...
“The ROC regime is due to come to an end from April 2015 onwards for plants over 5MW, however it will continue to apply to sub 5MW projects. For projects larger than 5MW, a CfD (Contract for Difference) regime will be implemented. From our perspective, this will not slow the growth in the UK solar PV market which commentators forecast will continue to ...
Intensive energy users throughout the African continent face similar obstacles: loss of power, inconvenient national grid interruption, and high costs of diesel fuel, to name a few. But throughout Africa, excellent examples of how solar PV can solve these industry crippling issues are spreading fast.
While Saudi Arabian company ACWA Power has been making headlines recently for its record-breaking solar bids in Dubai, there are still many Saudi companies considering how best to enter the renewable energy market. In this interview, Nikolai Dobrott, Apricum managing partner, asks Dr. Amer Alswaha, Apricum senior advisor based in Saudi Arabia and the ...
- 28 Jan 15 Top 50 World’s Best Performing PV Stocks in 2014
- 26 Jan 15 High Costs of Diesel Pushing $1/kWh Pave the Way for African Solar Surge
- 14 Jan 15 Top 10 Biggest Solar IPOs of 2014
- 13 Jan 15 Top 10 Biggest Announced PV Projects in Mexico 2015
- 08 Jan 15 Top 10 Solar PV Yieldcos
- 07 Jan 15 A pioneering astronaut's final speech on the sickness (and salvation) of our planet
- 19 Dec 14 Top 10 Holiday Gifts to Convert your Family and Friends to Solar
- 16 Dec 14 When an Inverter Manufacturer Goes Bankrupt: Facing the Impact from Different Angles
- 09 Dec 14 Top 10 Solar Module Manufacturers with the Least Debt
- 04 Dec 14 The Key to Understanding the Energy Sector’s Reform in Mexico: Solar Finance Tour Mexico 2015
- 02 Dec 14 Markets to watch in Central America: Wrap-up of the International PV Trade Mission
- 26 Nov 14 TOP 5 Cheapest Solar kWh’s in the World
- 25 Nov 14 Improving Standardization and Other Trends in Managing and Optimizing Solar Assets
- 19 Nov 14 Birth of Competitive Solar Era Boosts Demand for Diesel Fuel Replacement in Africa
- 22 Oct 14 Panama's PV Tender: Investing in the most competitive economy in Latin America
- 18 Sep 14 Top 20 PV portfolios in Europe: Who owns what?
- 03 Sep 14 Saudi Arabia looks to offset diesel with off-grid and hybrid solar solutions
- 22 Aug 14 Renewable Energy Crowdfunding Map