New York’s need for solar-tied storage looks set to grow as the US state faces increasing demand challenges with the retirement of traditional generation.
Continued growth in the popularity of solar yieldcos is raising questions around how well the model can work outside of the US. Recent weeks have seen announcements relating to two new yieldcos in Canada plus one in Taiwan.
A long-awaited boom in Brazilian solar power is in doubt owing to concerns over financing. With up to 2 GW of power coming up for auction this year, developers are likely to find their only source of funding is a bank that requires local content… at a time when manufacturers are loathe to set up shop in Brazil because of currency devaluations.
Entrepreneur-owned plant challenges could be delaying an imminent official announcement of plans to have 100 GW of solar power across India by 2022, Solarplaza understands. Earlier this month India’s Power, New & Renewable Energy Minister, Piyush Goyal, said the 100 GW policy should be ready “in few days”.
A yieldco is a publicly-traded company which aims to create growing dividend. More yieldcos are entering the renewable energy market, and the existing ones have grown quite fast in the last year. This financial tool cuts both ways: pre-advanced cash for the developer and stable long term returns for the investors.
Energy utilities have been perceived, by some, as proponents of conventional forms of energy such as natural gas, nuclear and coal, and less supportive of newer, renewable energy sources. However, one of the largest utility companies from the United States stands out as a “green” leader and strong proponent of renewable energy, more specifically, solar ...
Dutch Solar PV Market Expansion: The Transition Towards Ground Based Projects The Dutch solar PV market has several projects coming down the pipeline, making the latter part of 2015 extremely appealing for key players within the industry. Recent studies expect the Dutch market to double the installed PV capacity over the next two years, with 2015 as the ...
- 23 Apr 15 Chilean Market Overview and Supplemental Reading
- 23 Apr 15 Top 25 Biggest Announced Solar PV Projects in Chile
- 20 Apr 15 Solar energy critical to achieving Dutch climate goals
- 16 Mar 15 Top 10 Biggest Solar PV Projects in Chile
- 10 Mar 15 Webinar: The Dutch Solar Market - Facts & Figures
- 20 Feb 15 An In-Depth Interview with JinkoSolar’s CSO & Head of Emerging Markets: Arturo Herrero
- 16 Feb 15 Cost of Solar to Drop Another 20-30% as 2020 Approaches
- 12 Feb 15 Leading Solar Investment Fund Sees Continued Growth for UK Market Under the New CfD Scheme
- 11 Feb 15 How Hybrid Solar Solutions can Reduce Costs for Intensive Energy Users
- 04 Feb 15 Saudi companies are in the driver’s seat for renewable energy development at home and abroad
- 28 Jan 15 Top 50 World’s Best Performing PV Stocks in 2014
- 26 Jan 15 High Costs of Diesel Pushing $1/kWh Pave the Way for African Solar Surge
- 14 Jan 15 Top 10 Biggest Solar IPOs of 2014
- 13 Jan 15 Top 10 Biggest Announced PV Projects in Mexico 2015
- 08 Jan 15 Top 10 Solar PV Yieldcos
- 07 Jan 15 A pioneering astronaut's final speech on the sickness (and salvation) of our planet
- 19 Dec 14 Top 10 Holiday Gifts to Convert your Family and Friends to Solar
- 16 Dec 14 When an Inverter Manufacturer Goes Bankrupt: Facing the Impact from Different Angles