Solarplaza interviews Warwick Johnston, Managing Director of SunWiz and Australian market expert.
LONDON, 6 MAY 2013 – The UK solar PV market is making headlines again as its 500 MW of installed capacity accounted for 10% of the global installations in the first quarter of 2013. As a result, the UK market passed the 2 GigaWatt mark of cumulative installed solar capacity. 2012 hasn't been a bad year either. Government statistics confirm 779 MW of ...
Solarplaza interviews Wim Sinke, the true solar-tech 'veteran' of the Netherlands, having been involved in the industry since 1980. Currently Sinke is Manager Program Development at ECN Solar Energy, Director of TKI Solar, Professor at the University of Amsterdam, Researcher at AMOLF and Chairman of the European Photovoltaic Technology Platform.
An increasing number of large internationally operating companies in the Netherlands are switching to solar energy. The Wieckse Witte-Brewery, owned by Heineken, in Den Bosch; a Lidl branch in Weert; the new IKEA store in Zwolle and the Tons Mosterd factory in Zierikzee – all of these enterprises already have, or will soon have, solar panels on their ...
The growth of solar energy in the Netherlands is unstoppable. Thanks to hundreds of local initiatives striving for both sustainability as well as independence, the market is growing from the grassroots level, increasing as much as 250 percent in 2012. According to experts, it is expected that the number of solar panels and solar energy will more than ...
In 2012, the Dutch market for solar photovoltaic (PV) systems grew by over 200 percent. Right now, there are more than 100,000 PV systems in the Netherlands, generating electricity from sunlight.
Yingli from China became the largest global supplier of photovoltaic (PV) modules in 2012 based on annual merchant shipments, while previous leader and besieged fellow Chinese producer Suntech Power dropped to fifth place, according to the latest analysis from information and analytics provider IHS (NYSE: IHS).
- 10 Apr 13 1975-2013: All solar efficiency records in one chart
- 09 Apr 13 GTM publishes list of 'Deceased Solar Companies'
- 05 Apr 13 Architect of 3rd Industrial Revolution and advisor of world leaders at The Solar Future NL
- 04 Apr 13 Global solar photovoltaic industry is likely now a net energy producer, Stanford ...
- 02 Apr 13 German power exports reach new record
- 28 Mar 13 Solar energy causes revolution in Dutch electricity market
- 28 Mar 13 First Solar Ranked Largest Photovoltaic EPC in 2012 as European Companies Falter
- 25 Mar 13 "Before 2015 a household will profitably cover half of its consumption from the roof ...
- 18 Mar 13 Denmark: Minister to speak at solar energy conference
- 11 Mar 13 Denmark: Farmers want to invest in solar energy systems
- 05 Mar 13 Massive solar power sets energy utilities further aside
- 25 Feb 13 Solar energy in South Africa
- 19 Feb 13 Denmark: Businesses are new growth market for solar energy
- 18 Feb 13 Mexico more attractive due to falling prices of PV modules
- 08 Feb 13 South Africa has to work hard to keep interest among international solar investors
- 29 Jan 13 Denmark: A highly attractive growth market
- 25 Jan 13 "Companies that survive the shakeout are set for big rewards in 2013"
- 23 Jan 13 Solar guru Jigar Shah: South Africa has to show leadership, not compliance, in solar policy