Reigniting our series of Top10s, we're starting on the stock exchange. Solar has been 'mainstream' for a while now and all the biggest companies are now stock-listed, playing with the big boys. Which stock-listed solar companies fared best in 2013? Check the Top10 right here and be sure to get the full Top40 overview for the big picture.
AMSTERDAM/ROTTERDAM – As in previous years, the Dutch solar market has grown significantly in 2013. During the past year more than 100,000 solar panels were installed on new roofs, bringing the total number close to 200,000. The total power of solar energy increased by more than 82 percent.
18 MARCH 2014 – ROTTERDAM/SAN FRANCISCO - The North American utility scale solar market has witnessed remarkable growth. The past five years have seen an exploding increase in the capacity of large scale solar added to the grid and the number of large solar power plants that are being announced is still on the rise. Utility scale solar power plants now ...
The evolution of the global solar PV industry means operations-and-maintenance (O&M) is light-years ahead in Europe. Part two of our series delves into factors shaping the differences in the U.S. and European solar PV O&M markets.
There are more solar photovoltaic (PV) systems in the U.S. than ever before and more of them are aging out of warranty coverage. The need to manage this portfolio of residential, commercial and utility-scale solar assets is accelerating a relatively new industry sector, solar PV operations and maintenance (O&M).
Travis Bradford is the founder and president of the Prometheus Institute for Sustainable Development. As solar pioneer and researcher, he is closely tied to Greentech Media (Research) and has been involved in the foundation of the Carbon War Room, the brainchild of Richard Branson. He is a professor at Columbia University in New York, but is also still ...
Old Mutual, the largest and one of the most well-established financial services providers in Southern Africa, is by far the country’s major investor in solar PV projects. It is investing in at least nine projects established under the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (REIPPPP) initiated by the government. Old Mutual is ...
- 14 Jan 14 The Solar Future South Africa – Gathering of Global Financial Heavyweights
- 03 Dec 13 International companies see solar market emerge in Saudi Arabia
- 13 Nov 13 Investment opportunity awaits for solar PV in Turkey
- 04 Nov 13 Solar in Saudi Arabia: It’s Just Getting Started
- 30 Oct 13 New policy stimulates companies in Turkey to become “prosumers”
- 18 Oct 13 Why solar will be unstoppable despite a bumpy road ahead
- 14 Oct 13 "Energy system collapse is inevitable; solar is part of the road to renaissance"
- 14 Oct 13 "Solar PV plants can - and need to - be better operated and maintained"
- 03 Oct 13 10,000 Solar panels per day required to achieve Saudi Government goal
- 30 Sep 13 The right O&M software can improve solar plant efficiency by 5% and cut operations costs by 40%
- 19 Sep 13 The Crucial Role of Operations and Maintenance in Maximizing Financial Results of PV ...
- 27 Aug 13 Implications of the EU–China anti-dumping settlement
- 27 Aug 13 ‘Solar energy can cut down electricity costs in Indonesia’
- 13 Aug 13 Massive solar power sets energy utilities further aside (video)
- 09 Jul 13 Solar Guru Jigar Shah on his new book: 'Creating Climate Wealth'
- 11 Jun 13 "Chile, Peru, Brazil & Mexico are relevant. Other markets to watch are Colombia, Ecuador ...
- 30 May 13 The status of the Global PV market in 5 simple visuals
- 29 May 13 10 Energy Storage startups to watch