The world of solar encompasses far more than a variety of panel types, modules and inverters, as a solar industry newcomer might believe at first glance. In the last decade, great strides have been taken to promote the use of solar energy, from the sophistication of solar technology, to the increasing affordability of solar installations. However, many designers, such as Diane von Furstenberg and Tommy Hilfiger have embraced the developments made in photovoltaics, bringing solar energy closer than ever to the average consumer.
In 2008, SolarMax hit its peak, claiming the title of fifth largest inverter supplier in the world. Last week, Swiss parent company of SolarMax, Sputnik Engineering, declared bankruptcy, leaving many portfolio owners and service providers confused and without support. As unfortunate as the case may be; it likely will not be the last we witness. The ...
While incurring debt does not necessarily mean a company is unable to function at its peak performance, here is an interesting list of Solar Module Manufacturers from all over the world that have managed to maintain the least amount of debt compared to their equity.
While the exploratory phase for PV energy in the Mexican market is coming to an end, the privatization of the energy sector that has come into effect, and is currently being implemented is about to bring new life into the Mexican market. Many questions still remain about how some of the reforms will be implemented at an operational level and the effect ...
Energetic, dynamic, innovative, and enlightening; these words represent only a handful of the praise received by Solarplaza’s team from conference attendees, speakers, and partners alike at the end of a highly successful five day trade mission and conference spanning from San Jose, Costa Rica to Panama City.
As solar energy installation and utilization continues to soar worldwide, the cost of PV power is alternatively falling dramatically. Solar energy has finally been made available for our disposal in many forms, ranging from personal solar powered backpacks to large-scale industrial solar powered plants. Because of the affordability and dominance of PV in ...
“Professional management of PV assets and portfolios will be a key driver during the coming decade in the evolution of PV as an increasingly trusted and material source of energy,” states Mr. Stefano Cruccu of Solarplaza. Optimizing such assets has presented itself as a critical management theme, re-establishing itself within the industry as it serves to ...
- 19 Nov 14 Birth of Competitive Solar Era Boosts Demand for Diesel Fuel Replacement in Africa
- 22 Oct 14 Panama's PV Tender: Investing in the most competitive economy in Latin America
- 18 Sep 14 Top 20 PV portfolios in Europe: Who owns what?
- 03 Sep 14 Saudi Arabia looks to offset diesel with off-grid and hybrid solar solutions
- 22 Aug 14 Renewable Energy Crowdfunding Map
- 06 Aug 14 Saudi Arabia offers one of world’s lowest solar energy costs
- 05 Aug 14 "I love my Mac. I just wish it came in green"
- 15 Jul 14 TOP 5 Renewable Energy Crowdfunding Platforms
- 13 Jun 14 New investment models attract billions to solar assets
- 28 May 14 European inverter manufacturers remain competitive with Asian counterparts
- 26 May 14 "After the roller coaster years, increasing steadyness of the global industry might be the ...
- 15 May 14 Dakar event reveals untapped potential for solar power in West Africa
- 13 May 14 Top 10 Dutch Solar PV Projects
- 30 Apr 14 Top 10 Solar PV Projects Worldwide
- 29 Apr 14 Dutch government blocks local solar projects
- 18 Apr 14 Top 10 Solar PV Stocks over 2013
- 25 Mar 14 100,000 more roofs with solar panels in a year’s time
- 18 Mar 14 Success of Solar O&M conference highlights the importance and potential of topic