The proliferation of blockchain technology in the energy sector has seen a remarkable new breadth of applications for utilities. Utilities are facing an extremely uncertain future with the advent of disintermediated p2p energy transactions. Nonetheless, utilities can use blockchain to enhance and develop new business models. This webinar will present the opportunities that blockchain offers to utilities along with a real-world example.
David Groarke of Indigo Advisory Group and Killian Tobin of Omega Grid will present an in-depth reflection on blockchain-enabled use cases for utilities, exploring topics such as:
- What advantages blockchain provides to the energy sector
- Overview of use cases for utilities
- Examples, trends and results
- Real-world example: the Sonoma project
- Key learnings and challenges for the future