This report summarizes the outcome of the International Energy Agency (IEA) Photovoltaic Power Systems Programme (PVPS) Task 14 Subtask 2 activities with regard to high PV penetration in local distribution grids. The focus of this report is set on discussing technical PV integration issues in distribution grids - spanning high voltage, medium voltage and low voltage levels - of interconnected electric power systems and presenting solutions for the transition from uni- to bi-directional distribution grids. The recommendations are based on a case-study collection of best-practice examples provided by Subtask 2 participating countries.
The massive deployment of grid-connected PV in recent years has brought PV penetration in the electricity grids to levels where the conventional fit-and-forget approach to interconnecting PV reaches its limits. In many cases, constraints and limitations of existing electricity infrastructure already have evolved to one of the key barriers delaying or ...
IEA PVPS published its 19th “Trends in Photovoltaic Applications” report on October 13th 2014. This unique report provides official and accurate data about the photovoltaic (PV) market, industry, support policies, research activities and the integration of PV into the power sector in the 24 countries reporting to the IEA PVPS Programme, plus a reliable ...
As the deployment of grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) systems has increased, so too has the desire to track the cost and price of these systems. This report helps to fill this need by summarizing trends in the installed price of grid-connected PV systems in the United States from 1998 through 2013, with partial data for the first half of 2014.
Current trends in energy supply and use are unsustainable – economically, environmentally and socially. Without decisive action, energy-related greenhouse-gas (GHG) emissions would lead to considerable climate degradation with an average 6°C global warming. We can and must change the path we are now on; sustainable and low-carbon energy technologies will ...
This report focuses on the analytical assessment of photovoltaic (PV) plant performance on the overall PV system level. In particular, this report provides detailed guidelines and comprehensive descriptions of methods and models used when analyzing grid-connected PV system performance.
One key factor of reducing the costs of photovoltaic systems is to increase the reliability and the service life time of the PV modules. Today’s statistics show degradation rates of the rated power for crystalline silicon PV modules of 0.8%/year [Jordan11]. To increase the reliability and the service life of PV modules one has to understand the ...
- 03 Jun 14 Global Market Outlook
- 08 May 14 Solar Photovoltaic Barometer
- 06 May 14 From defense to offense
- 22 Apr 14 PV GRID PARITY MONITOR
- 10 Apr 14 PV Rooftop Development in Thailand
- 10 Apr 14 Technology Roadmap: Energy Storage
- 01 Apr 14 PVPS Report: Snapshot of Global PV 1992-2013
- 27 Feb 14 The Power of Transformation
- 03 Dec 13 Investments Cost Analysis of Electricity Imported to EU from MENA
- 03 Dec 13 PROPOSED INCENTIVES FOR MENA COUNTRIES
- 03 Dec 13 Cost of current and alternative support schemes to grid parity in target countries
- 13 Nov 13 English translation of regulation documents issued by the Turkish Energy Market ...
- 29 Oct 13 Trends in Photovoltaic Applications - 2013 Edition
- 18 Oct 13 Energy Darwinism
- 18 Oct 13 Energy transformation The impact on the power sector business model
- 18 Oct 13 Grid Integration Cost of PhotoVoltaic Power Generation
- 16 Oct 13 Non-Hardware (‘Soft’) Cost-Reduction Roadmap for Residential and Small Commercial Solar ...
- 16 Oct 13 Solar Means Business 2013