Suntech MSK Solar Design LineSuntech
Suntech's MSK Solar Design Line of products can be used to create buildings that are sustainable, functional and visually stunning. MSK is the name of the Japanese specialist in Solar Design, with experience in solar dating back to 1981, that Suntech acquired in 2006.
The majority of Suntech's MSK Solar Design LineTM products are Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) modules. These BIPV modules function, not as an add-on, but rather, as an integral part of the building skin. They can be used just like standard building materials, but with the added value of generating electricity directly from sunlight. BIPV modules provide greatly improved aesthetics and allow savings over traditional building materials and installation.
MSK Solar Design LineTM modules can be a striking and highly visible feature of a building or they can blend seamlessly with the construction.
In the case of Suntech's building-integrated products, the module itself functions as a building material providing the physical skin of the building, and offering shading, weatherproofing, thermal and acoustic protection.
MSK Solar Design LineTM products
- See Thru™ – A new type of photovoltaic glazing.
- Light Thru™ – A power generator and an aesthetic sunshade in one package.
- Semi-Shade™ – A Module to create cost-effective photovoltaic canopies and facades where a fixed size can be accommodated.
- Just Roof™ – An integrated roof photovoltaic system designed to form a complete roof.
- QuickSnap™ – A high performance solar power system with integrated high efficiency solar panels.