SOLAR INDUSTRY MAG - Solaria Corp., a California-headquartered large-scale solar system provider, has announced the establishment of operations in China, including a high-volume manufacturing facility in the region.
SOLARSERVER - SolarCity Corporation (San Mateo, California, US) has released results for the first quarter of 2013, reporting that it has beat its guidance to deploy 46 MW of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, a 12% increase from the first quarter of 2012.
BLOOMBERG - Los Angeles’s power utility, which serves about 1.5 million customers, will seek bids from developers for 250 megawatts of solar power to comply with a California requirement to get 25 percent of its energy from renewable sources by the end of 2016.
REUTERS - Planned European levies on Chinese solar panels will only go some way to halt a rout among equipment makers who face the paradox of a booming market but falling revenues - and could suffer even more if a trade war erupts.
SOLARSERVER - KDC Solar LLC (Bedminster, New Jersey, US) announced that it has commenced commercial operations at a 4.96 megawatts (MW) solar photovoltaic (PV) power plant located at North Jersey Media Group's (NJMG) printing facility in Rockaway, New Jersey.
SOLARINDUSTRYMAG - Rooftop solar companies SolarCity, Sungevity, Sunrun and Verengo have formed The Alliance for Solar Choice (TASC), which will initially focus on ensuring the continuation of net energy metering (NEM).
BLOOMBERG - Dowa Holdings Co. (5714), Japan’s biggest silver producer, will raise output 40 percent this year to meet solar-cell demand after the 2011 Fukushima disaster crippled a nuclear power plant and sent fossil fuel costs higher.
More news items
- 13 May 13 IKEA completes 38th US rooftop PV plant at Massachusetts store
- 10 May 13 EU Plans Tariffs of Up to 67.9% on Chinese Solar Panels
- 10 May 13 China Merchants Venture to Invest $489 Million in Solar Farms
- 10 May 13 Yingli to supply 220 MW of solar PV modules to CPI for Chinese PV plants
- 10 May 13 Govt gives nod for first 60MW solar power plant in Tamil Nadu
- 10 May 13 MEMC loss exceeds estimate as solar energy sales slump
- 10 May 13 Hyundai Motor to Install 10MW Solar Power Roof in South Korea
- 08 May 13 Solar photovoltaics: Big market in 2012, big changes ahead
- 08 May 13 Green Earth Plans $275 Million Solar Power Project in Myanmar
- 08 May 13 Envaris to build 19 MW PV plant in England
- 08 May 13 First Solar shares fall due to growth concerns
- 08 May 13 PV Module Maker alfasolar GmbH Applies For Insolvency
- 08 May 13 VDMA: German companies still dominant in solar PV equipment industry, even amid downturn
- 07 May 13 First Solar Seeks 5.5 Gigawatts of Sales to Fill Pipeline
- 07 May 13 AFASE warns that tariffs will destroy European solar PV demand
- 07 May 13 Lightway Solar to invest €76m to launch solar projects (50MW) in Romania
- 07 May 13 India Will Close Solar-Import Loophole, Renewable Ministry Says
- 07 May 13 Canada loses WTO appeal in renewable energy case