BLOOMBERG - Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ), the largest U.S. wireless carrier, is investing almost $40 million to triple its use of solar energy this year.
PVTECH - SolarCity’s plans to build a 1GW integrated PV manufacturing plant based on the technology it has recently acquired with the purchase of Silevo are expected to require capital expenditures of US$400 million to US$450 million, according to Deutsche Bank analyst, Vishal Shah after attending a SolarCity investor event.
REUTERS - Europe's ageing nuclear fleet will undergo more prolonged outages over the next few years, reducing the reliability of power supply and costing plant operators many millions of dollars.
RENEWS - Norway-based REC Group has signed a supply agreement with US residential solar developer Sunrun for up to 100MW of modules in 2015.
EBR - Renewable Energy Systems Canada has been selected by Canadian Solar Solutions to develop a 10MW solar photovoltaic (PV) facility, GoldLight Solar LP, in Canada.
Energy Absolute Pcl (EA), whose Bangkok-listed shares have more than tripled this year, plans to spend about 46 billion baht ($1.4 billion) over the next three years to boost generation capacity from renewable energy.
Chemical giant DuPont on Thursday sued SunEdison for patent infringement, accusing the O’Fallon, Mo.,- based solar array developer of contracting with suppliers and manufacturers that infringed on proprietary DuPont technology.
More news items
- 22 Aug 14 Rwanda Set To Commission Its First Utility-Scale Solar Power Project
- 22 Aug 14 SunEdison Getting $160 Million for Distributed Solar Projects
- 22 Aug 14 inko Power signs 100 MW solar agreement with southeastern Chinese province
- 22 Aug 14 1.5 million SolarWorld modules affected by ‘recall’
- 20 Aug 14 Chinese coal consumption just fell for first time this century
- 20 Aug 14 Yingli Leads Chinese Solar Stock Rally on Supply Outlook
- 20 Aug 14 China, Saudi Arabia to cooperate on renewable energy development
- 20 Aug 14 Mexico Approves 220 Megawatts of Solar Projects, Economista Says
- 20 Aug 14 Uruguay Agrees to Buy 9.8 Megawatts of Solar Power for 30 Years
- 20 Aug 14 Rajasthan could cancel 4GW World Bank solar project
- 20 Aug 14 SunPower To Experiment With Solar Leasing In Australia
- 19 Aug 14 Solar Boom Driving First Global Panel Shortage Since 2006
- 19 Aug 14 David Cameron stands firm on UK solar plans despite trade petition
- 19 Aug 14 5 Things You Need to Know About PV Installer/Financier Vivint Solar
- 19 Aug 14 The $500-a-day service charge designed to kill solar
- 19 Aug 14 Dubai shortlists developers for second phase of 1GW Dubai solar project
- 19 Aug 14 Andhra Pradesh to announce new solar power policy soon
- 15 Aug 14 China to suspend imports of processed polysilicon