BLOOMBERG - Aeon Delight Co. (9787), an Osaka-based building maintenance company, and Recycle One Inc. will build two solar power stations in central Japan.
REUTERS - Bulgaria's budget commission has proposed imposing a 20 percent fee on revenue from wind and solar power installations next year to help it finance incentives for the sector while trying to keep electricity costs down.
SOLARSERVER - New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg has announced that SunEdison Inc. (St. Peters, Missouri, U.S.) will build solar photovoltaic (PV) plant up to 10 MW in size on a former landfill in the city's Staten Island borough.
RTTNEWS - Trina Solar Ltd. (TSL: Quote) reported signing an agreement to establish a joint venture or JV with Yabang Investment Holding Group Co., Ltd. to buy certain production assets from Changzhou NESL Solartech Co., Ltd., an unit of Yabang Group, specializing in the production of solar PV modules.
TIMES OF INDIA - Anil Ambani group firm Reliance PowerBSE 2.49 % on Friday said it is on track to commission a 100 MW solar project in Rajasthan's Jaisalmer district by March next year.
SIM - Canada-based resource developer IAMGOLD Corp., with the assistance of its subsidiary, Rosebel Gold Mines N.V. (RGM), is funding the development and operation of a 5 MW solar power project in Suriname.
SOLARSERVER - Troubled wafer and solar photovoltaic (PV) module maker LDK Solar Co. Ltd. (Xinyu City, China) appears to have secured a financial lifeline in the form of a USD 256 million credit facility from a syndicate of 11 Chinese banks.
More news items
- 25 Nov 13 U.S. May Turn $20 Million Climate Aid to $1 Billion for Projects
- 25 Nov 13 Hanwha SolarOne Supplies 12.9 MW of Modules to Portugal
- 25 Nov 13 Spire Brings PV Manufacturing Line to Eastern Europe
- 25 Nov 13 EU trade chief says China investment pact must open markets
- 25 Nov 13 New FERC Rule Could Prompt States To Improve Interconnect Processes For Distributed Solar
- 22 Nov 13 IHS: 40–42 GW of solar PV to be installed globally in 2014
- 22 Nov 13 Chinese bank syndicate provides US$256 million lifeline to LDK Solar
- 22 Nov 13 Mahindra Plans to Double Solar Contracts in South India
- 22 Nov 13 U.S. firms adds 600 MW of solar, biomass power plants in Oct
- 22 Nov 13 Conergy Building 40 MW Portfolio Of Solar Plants In U.K.
- 22 Nov 13 Upsolar Brings Rooftop Solar Leasing to French Market
- 21 Nov 13 Hareon Solar Plans $1.6 Billion of Solar Farms in Inner Mongolia
- 21 Nov 13 Japan's solar dream threatened by failing projects
- 21 Nov 13 SunEdison closes on financing from OPIC, IFC for 50.7 MW merchant solar PV project in Chile
- 21 Nov 13 Suntech appeals New York Stock Exchange delisting
- 21 Nov 13 Solarcentury opts for Hanwha modules at 15MW solar farm in Norfolk
- 21 Nov 13 Trinity Solar Installs 12.3 MW Of Residential PV On New Jersey Military Base with Mosaic ...
- 20 Nov 13 China's Trina Solar posts first profit in nine quarters