BLOOMBERG - General Electric Co. (GE) provided financing for a 42-megawatt solar power project under development in western Japan by Pacifico Energy K.K.
REUTERS - Uganda said on Wednesday four foreign and domestic firms would build two solar power plants, with a total capacity of 20 megawatts (MW) as it seeks to develop its renewable energy potential.
First Solar enters residential, community solar PV market with investment in Clean Energy Collective11 Dec 14 - 12:49 CET
SOLARSERVER - First Solar Inc. (Tempe, Arizona, US) and Clean Energy Collective (CEC, Louisville, Colorado, US) on December 10th, 2014 announced that they have formed a strategic partnership to develop and market community solar photovoltaic (PV) offerings to residential customers and businesses directly on behalf of client utilities.
ET - DSM, in partnership with GeoPeak and Marina Energy, opened a solar field at their plant in Belvidere, New Jersey. The 6MW solar project, which adopts DSM’s high-efficiency modules, will produce approximately 30-40% of the Belvidere plant's electricity needs at peak production.
REUTERS - Global energy demand should rise some 35 percent through 2040 as the middle class expands in developing countries and supplies shift to lower-carbon fuels that may allow for lower emissions, Exxon Mobil Corp said on Tuesday in its annual outlook.
BLOOMBERG - SoftBank Corp. (9984)’s clean energy unit and Mitsui & Co. (8031) will build a 43-megawatt solar power station in central Japan.
EBR - Hawaiian Electric Company is seeking approval from the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (PUC) for six power purchase agreements (PPAs) for solar photovoltaic (PV) projects, totaling 207MW.
More news items
- 10 Dec 14 EDF boosts Canadian O&M deals
- 10 Dec 14 PV in Japan: Takara Leben, Hitachi Zosen and Solar Frontier start construction of 15MW ...
- 10 Dec 14 SolarCity invests in US$16 million fund for off-grid solar in Africa
- 09 Dec 14 Hanwha SolarOne and Q CELLS to Merge
- 09 Dec 14 Taiwan, China solar producers no threat to U.S., commission hears
- 09 Dec 14 Trina buys Shuntai stake to finance growth plans
- 09 Dec 14 Yingli Solar, Huawei and partners to cooperate on solar PV installations in Thailand
- 09 Dec 14 Capital Power Buys Element Power to Add U.S. Wind, Solar Sites
- 09 Dec 14 North Carolina OKs 128MW solar
- 08 Dec 14 JA Solar modules added to China led Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park in Pakistan
- 08 Dec 14 Sharp says considering selling U.S. solar unit to Canadian Solar
- 08 Dec 14 ITOCHU announces “mega” solar power business at 37 MW Shin-Okayama PV plant in Okayama ...
- 08 Dec 14 Allianz Global Investors Buys 8MW Italian Solar Power Plant
- 08 Dec 14 SunEdison makes house call - 39.5MW worth of PPA's with housing associations ...
- 08 Dec 14 SPI Solar to Acquire and Develop Solar Project in New Jersey
- 04 Dec 14 IHS predicts reshuffling of top 10 solar PV module suppliers in 2014
- 04 Dec 14 Falling Oil Price Won’t Affect Solar Industry, SunPower CEO Says
- 04 Dec 14 NextEra Energy to buy Hawaiian Electric for $2.63 billion