World’s largest photovoltaic modules manufacturer Yingli Solar has now supplied a cumulative 10 GW of modules worldwide, the company announced recently.
Shares of Canadian Solar Inc. rose more than 19% on Wednesday after the solar-panel maker reported a surprise second-quarter profit and said it expects higher revenue in the third quarter.
US duties on Chinese and Taiwanese PV imports will make the quality of cells and modules harder to ascertain, a procurement expert has warned.
KfW Group, Germany’s state-owned bank, financed more onshore wind farms as loans to developers of photovoltaic plants dropped in the first half of the year.
Turkey could exceed official targets to install 2 GW of solar power capacity in 2023 by as much as 8 GW over the next decade, according to senior energy experts with knowledge of the country's solar sector.
The “pure economics” of solar in relation to increasingly costly fossil fuels will ensure a central future role for the technology in the world energy mix, according to Citigroup.
Brazil will offer cheaper funding to solar projects that use locally made equipment and parts in a bid to spur a national manufacturing industry as the country prepares to ban solar-cell imports by the end of the decade.
More news items
- 13 Aug 14 Solar and Wind Power may overtake Hydro-power as the largest source of U.S. renewable ...
- 13 Aug 14 Delhi solar tariff in the next three days
- 13 Aug 14 Self-Cooling Solar Cells For Better Performance & Longevity
- 13 Aug 14 China's Hanergy buys U.S. developer of thin-film solar cells
- 12 Aug 14 BNEF: Solar poised for rapid growth in Mexico and Central America
- 12 Aug 14 Study confirms China’s solar world dominance
- 12 Aug 14 UK breaks 5GW solar capacity milestone
- 12 Aug 14 Brazil readies big push on solar energy but companies are wary
- 12 Aug 14 Solar Operations and Maintenance: The Key to a Future-Proof Investment
- 12 Aug 14 Delhi Metro station gets solar power plant
- 11 Aug 14 Energy Trend: China installed 3.3 GW of PV generation capacity in the first half of 2014
- 11 Aug 14 Solar tries to get a kick-on in Brazil
- 11 Aug 14 Mitsui, Tokio Marine Asset Plan Fund for 8 Japan Solar Stations
- 11 Aug 14 Solar firms to sue Government for ending support
- 11 Aug 14 California Utility SCE Selects Vendors for 1.3GW of New Solar Projects
- 06 Aug 14 US, Chinese solar EPC companies continue to dominate global PV installations
- 06 Aug 14 First Solar Profit Plummets On Project Delays
- 06 Aug 14 SolarCity competitor Vivint Solar files for IPO