SunEdison to build PV plants totaling 150 MW in Georgetown Texas, Municipal utility becomes 100% renewable powered
SS - SunEdison, Inc. (Belmont, California, US) announced that it will construct new solar photovoltaic (PV) plants in West Texas to supply the City of Georgetown with 150 megawatts of solar power for 25-years.
BB - SKI Corp., a Japanese company that sells mobile phones, plans to build a 24-megawatt solar power station in the western prefecture of Wakayama.
PVT - Module manufacturer Suntech appears to have rowed back on plans to establish a manufacturing hub in South Africa. In July 2014, the company unveiled a new subsidiary to serve the African market with the potential for a local manufacturing presence.
FORBES - Hanergy Thin Film Power Group, the thin-film solar power equipment and product company led by Chinese billionaire Li Hejun, opened 60 retail stores and “user-experience centers” around the country on Saturday in a bid to boost its brand and sales among retail customers, Hanergy said on Sunday.
ET - At the ceremonial groundbreaking of the 50MW project in Calatagan, Batangas, Solar Philippines president Leandro Leviste marked the event as a turning point for renewable energy in Batangas, which is home to both the nation's largest number of fossil fuel plants and various eco-tourism destinations.
SS - Macquarie Infrastructure Debt Investment Solutions (MIDIS, London, UK) has provided three individual financing facilities to the private residential housing and commercial solar photovoltaic (PV) systems operator A Shade Greener (ASG).
SIM - China-based Solar Power Inc. (SPI) has signed a partnership agreement with Aqua Clean Energy (ACE) for the co-development of floating photovoltaic projects in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Mexico.
More news items
- 20 Mar 15 JinkoSolar secures 750MW of US module supply deals for 2015
- 20 Mar 15 NextEnergy Buys Another U.K. Solar Farm Before Subsidies End
- 20 Mar 15 Risen Energy's 99MW PV Project in China Put on Record
- 20 Mar 15 European power grids keep lights on though solar eclipse
- 19 Mar 15 IHS: Global solar PV capacity to reach nearly 500 GW in 2019
- 19 Mar 15 JinkoSolar’s new 500MW fab based in Malaysia
- 19 Mar 15 Japan Approves 16% Solar-Tariff Cut on Falling Costs From July
- 19 Mar 15 SunEdison Developing 150 MW Of Solar In Texas
- 19 Mar 15 Worldwide capacity of distributed energy storage systems to increase nearly 10-fold in next ...
- 19 Mar 15 Singapore introduces commercial solar tariff to reduce fossil fuel reliance
- 18 Mar 15 China to install 17.8 GW of solar power in 2015 -regulator
- 18 Mar 15 U.S. Solar Developers Dominate Global Top 10 of Large scale PV developers
- 18 Mar 15 PIC to Invest $1.8 Billion in South Africa Solar-Energy Projects
- 18 Mar 15 JinkoSolar subsidiary signs PV project financing and development agreement with CDB on up ...
- 18 Mar 15 France launches fresh 120MW tender
- 18 Mar 15 SPI Acquired 4.3MW of Italian PV Projects
- 17 Mar 15 RWE takes minority stake in Conergy
- 17 Mar 15 Brazil’s Next Solar Power Supply Auction Scheduled for August