BLOOMBERG - SunEdison Inc. (SUNE), the best-performing U.S. solar company this year, is in talks with a Chinese company about investing as much as $2 billion to build a polysilicon factory in China.
MINING.COM - Mining companies were not traditionally considered a good fit for renewable energy. A closer look shows that this is not true anymore. Numerous renewable energy systems already power mines today, and experts from both worlds – mining and renewables – agree that a boom in this field is ahead.
JinkoSolar subsidiary signs 200 MW PV project development agreement with government of Shicheng County, Jiangxi Province17 Oct 14 - 13:02 CEST
SOLARSERVER - JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (Shnaghai, China) on October 16th, 2014 announced that JinkoSolar Power Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of the Company has signed a solar photovoltaic (PV) project development agreement with the government of Shicheng County, Ganzhou City, Jiangxi Province to develop a 200 MW PV power plant.
BLOOMBERG - MVV Energie AG (MVV1) will buy a majority stake in renewable-power developer Juwi AG as the regional German utility expands in the clean-generation business.
SunEdison signs JV agreement with JIC Capital to develop up to 1 GW of solar PV projects in China over the next 3 years16 Oct 14 - 14:57 CEST
SOLARSERVER - SunEdison Inc. (Beltsville, US) on October 16th, 2014 announced a joint venture agreement with JIC Capital Management (Tianjin, China) Ltd., to facilitate non-recourse financing and develop, construct and own up to 1 GW of utility-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) projects in China over the next 3 years.
PVTECH - California-based 8minutenergy Renewables has been given the go ahead for its 135MW Redwood Solar Farms PV projects in Kern County, California.
ET - SPI Solar entered into an agreement to acquire both land and project development rights for a 6 MW project in Susami City, Wakayama Prefecture, Japan. The agreement calls for SPI’s Japan subsidiary, SPI Solar Japan GK (SPI Japan), to provide engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for the project, which SPI will own following ...
More news items
- 16 Oct 14 Solarcentury's new 48 MW solar farm pledges higher environmental standards
- 16 Oct 14 ET starts 8.7MW Lightsource build
- 15 Oct 14 Canadian Solar scores 146MW deal in Honduras
- 15 Oct 14 India boosts solar targets with 1GW auction plan for Andhra Pradesh
- 15 Oct 14 NPD Solarbuzz: US residential solar PV demand approaching 1 GW per annum
- 15 Oct 14 Etrion building 34MW in Japan
- 15 Oct 14 SolarCity offers $200 mln solar bonds in first public offering
- 15 Oct 14 Sharp, Orix Complete 8-Megawatt Solar Power Station in Japan
- 14 Oct 14 IEA PVPS “Trends in Photovoltaic Applications” report: About 40 GW of solar PV capacity ...
- 14 Oct 14 US duties prompt Chinese PV shipment surge - Solarbuzz
- 14 Oct 14 Soligent To Acquire Conergy’s US Solar Distribution Division
- 14 Oct 14 JinkoSolar To Supply 21.5 MW Of PV Modules For Searchlight Solar Project
- 14 Oct 14 Eletrosul to Borrow $34 Million for Brazil Wind and Solar Power
- 14 Oct 14 Canadian Solar to deliver 24.3MW for EDF
- 13 Oct 14 Triodos Uses Vivienne Westwood Crowdfund Site for Windfarm Cash
- 13 Oct 14 IEA charts course to 2040 African renewables upsurge
- 13 Oct 14 REC widens SolarCity deal to 220MW
- 13 Oct 14 SPI Solar subsidiary signs EPC agreement for 20MW Solar PV project in Inner Mongolia