PV MAGAZINE - Swathes of commercial and industrial roofs could be transformed into solar energy generating plants under a new solar strategy unveiled by the U.K. government on Friday.
CLEAN TECHNICA - India is slowly building upon its installed solar power capacity, thanks to the comprehensive and ambitious National Solar Mission, state solar policies, and relatively increased enforcement of the Renewable Purchase Obligation. The country added almost 950 MW of solar power capacity between April 2013 and March 2014 (that ...
REUTERS - Germany's solar sector and consumer groups plan to lodge a complaint with the Constitutional Court against the government's planned green energy reform, saying fees imposed on some solar power producers breach the principle of non-discrimination.
PV MAGAZINE - Moscow-based conglomerate Renova Group is leading the way in Russia's solar development. The company's subsidiaries are partnering with local and foreign players on PV projects throughout the country.
GTM - Solar continues to look more and more like a mainstream energy source. Natural gas was the clear winner in capacity additions for electric utilities in 2013, but grid-scale solar was the clear runner-up, providing about 22 percent of new generating capacity.
GTM - According to GTM Research's Latin America PV Playbook, Q2 2014, released today, Chile installed 153 megawatts of utility-scale PV in the first quarter of this year. That's more than three times the amount that any Latin American country has ever before installed in a single quarter.
REUTERS - Chancellor Angela Merkel's cabinet has approved a reform of Germany's renewable energy law designed to curb a rise in the cost of electricity in Europe's biggest economy driven by the rapid expansion of green power.
More news items
- 08 Apr 14 Solar M&A: Mercom reports strong Q1 2014 with USD 7 billion in corporate funding for solar
- 08 Apr 14 Solar Cheaper Than LNG in Asia for Power, Bernstein Says
- 08 Apr 14 First Solar points finger at government as it reconsiders Australia PV projects
- 08 Apr 14 Swinerton Completes 18 MW Solar Array In Fresno County, Calif.
- 07 Apr 14 UK launches Europe’s first dedicated solar strategy
- 07 Apr 14 SunEdison drops India solar project on equipment supply concerns
- 07 Apr 14 Enel Green Power to focus spending on emerging markets
- 07 Apr 14 Solectria Renewables Selected for 30MW Solar Project in Mexico
- 07 Apr 14 India solar: Karnataka requests bids for 50 MW of solar PV, CSP
- 07 Apr 14 Boeing-Built Guam Solar Plant to Generate Cheapest Power
- 04 Apr 14 Record-breaking demand for global solar PV industry in 1Q14 with 9GW of installations, ...
- 04 Apr 14 String inverters becoming more popular for use in larger solar PV plants
- 04 Apr 14 SunEdison Adds Solar Supplier in Korea (for 660MW of modules)
- 04 Apr 14 Trina Solar to spend US$213 million to meet capacity expansion targets in 2014
- 04 Apr 14 JinkoSolar Secures Financing From China Development Bank For Two PV Solar Projects
- 04 Apr 14 China Sunergy forecasts higher shipments after posting smaller loss
- 03 Apr 14 India installs 425 MW of solar capacity in February and March 2014
- 03 Apr 14 SunEdison Launches Yieldco With $250 Million From Goldman Sachs