PVT - Thai Solar Energy, a power producer which counts the Thai government among its clients, will build its first projects outside Thailand, beginning with three PV plants totalling 25MW in Japan.
PVM - REC will enter solar markets in East and South Africa this year on the back of its expectations that 100 GW of solar PV will be installed there by 2030. As an initial step, three offices will be opened, most likely in Ghana, Kenya and South Africa.
BS - Punjab, which produces a major share of the country's foodgrain, is all set to tap solar power in the agricultural fields in a big way, aiming to generate 1,000 MW, up from the current 225 MW, by 2017, a minister has said.
TWT - The U.S. government’s development finance institution has signed an agreement with a solar energy company to support a 20-megawatt photovoltaic facility in Jamaica.
PVT - Recognising that the vast growth in solar deployment under the feed-in tariff (FiT) could lead to an accumulation of PV waste in landfills, Japan will soon begin implementing recycling rules for solar modules.
LM - Hyderabad: First Solar, a US-based photovoltaic cell maker, on Thursday said it has started commercial operation of its first Indian project in Telangana.
GTM - BHE Renewables' 579-megawatt solar project in Antelope Valley, Calif is now fully connected to the California ISO grid. That allows the facility, dubbed "Solar Star," to claim the title of the largest operational solar project on the planet. It went fully on-line on June 19, according to the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) website.
More news items
- 25 Jun 15 SMA inaugurates new diesel-PV hybrid test centre in Germany
- 25 Jun 15 Australian Energy Law Paves Way for $11 Billion in Projects
- 25 Jun 15 Yingli Solar to Ship 40MW of PV Modules to Honduras
- 25 Jun 15 Japan is building huge floating solar power plants
- 25 Jun 15 Case against Italian FiT changes referred to constitutional court
- 24 Jun 15 Japan Added 18,757 Megawatts of Clean Energy From July 2012
- 24 Jun 15 U.S. community solar is poised to be a half-gigawatt annual market
- 24 Jun 15 Thai coal giant Banpu backs solar with 200MW renewable energy investment
- 24 Jun 15 First Solar to deliver modules for 200MW solar power project in Dubai
- 24 Jun 15 Cisco Goes Green! NRG Renew to Build a 20MW Solar Facility for Cisco Headquarters
- 23 Jun 15 Renewables to Beat Fossil Fuels With $3.7 Trillion Solar Boom
- 23 Jun 15 SunEdison to acquire 2,000MW renewable projects in Central America and India
- 23 Jun 15 India Reaches 4GW+ Installed Solar Capacity
- 23 Jun 15 UK government ‘does not want large-scale solar’
- 23 Jun 15 Hawaii's Law Requires All Electricity from Renewables by 2045
- 23 Jun 15 F2i to acquire 56MW of Italy PV plants from CogiPower Spa
- 22 Jun 15 RPT-SoftBank in tie-up for $20 bln investment in Indian solar projects
- 22 Jun 15 World Bank supports 80MW of SunEdison PV plants in Honduras