REUTERS - Shares of TerraForm Power Inc, created by SunEdison Inc to own and operate its solar power plants, rose as much as 37 percent in their market debut, valuing the company at about $3.26 billion.
MegaCell acquires former Helios Technology production lines to start manufacturing of bifacial solar cells21 Jul 14 - 14:55 CEST
SOLARSERVER - A EUR 3 Million agreement for the acquisition of the former Helios Technology solar photovoltaic (PV) cell production lines by MegaCell Srl (both Carmignano di Brenta, Italy) has just been signed, MegaCell announced on July 18th, 2014.
REF - Deal aims to broaden Yaskawa's exposure in the renewable energy market and expand the use of its PV inverter technology expertise.
RENEWS - Grupotec Renewables has secured a project pipeline of 200MW in the UK with the possibility of a further 100MW.
SIM - Soltage-Greenwood has announced an equity financing of $70 million led by John Hancock Life Insurance Co. for the construction and operation of seven solar PV projects totaling 32 MW in Massachusetts and North Carolina.
RTTNEWS - JinkoSolar announced that it has entered into a five-year 1 billion Chinese yuan (about $161.2 million) strategic financing agreement with China Minsheng Banking Corp., Ltd. or CMBC.
PVTECH - A boom in the use of electric vehicles will help push the energy storage market to US$50 billion by 2020, a study by Lux Research has concluded.
More news items
- 16 Jul 14 Silicor Materials to Build Solar Silicon Plant in Iceland
- 16 Jul 14 Shinsei, Partners to Provide 7.5 Billion Yen Solar Project Loan
- 16 Jul 14 Yingli signs EPC contract for a 2 MW PV plant in Senegal
- 16 Jul 14 Nexamp And Boy Scouts Of America Launch 6 MW Solar Facility In Mass.
- 15 Jul 14 IHS: Domestic suppliers dominate Chinese PV Inverter market as demand doubles to nearly USD ...
- 15 Jul 14 480,000 New Solar Home Systems For Bangladesh with $78.4 million World Bank loan
- 15 Jul 14 Itochu to Build 45-Megawatt Solar Power Plant With Partners
- 15 Jul 14 Solar Frontier and NEW to develop UK solar power plant
- 15 Jul 14 US Department of Defense hands out US$334 million contract for PV projects in Hawaii
- 15 Jul 14 UK splashes rural renewables cash
- 14 Jul 14 Thumbs down for India solar budget
- 14 Jul 14 First Solar Drops Plan for World’s Biggest Plant in China
- 14 Jul 14 72% increase in venture capital funding in solar energy sector
- 14 Jul 14 Welspun Energy starts work for setting up of 50 MW solar project
- 14 Jul 14 SolarWorld AG announces agreement with another important silicon supplier
- 14 Jul 14 PV Navigator To Build 3MW Solar Project At Closed California Landfill
- 11 Jul 14 Latin America PV pipeline approaching 20GW
- 11 Jul 14 Sharp Hastens European Solar Overhaul With End to Enel Venture