PVTECH - Tier-one PV manufacturer JinkoSolar has completed and grid connected two large-scale PV power plants totalling 39MW in Jiangsu province, China.
SOLARSERVER - JA Solar Holdings Co. Ltd. (Shanghai) has announced selected preliminary information for the first quarter of 2014, estimating that it shipped more than 620 MW of solar photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules, well above its guidance of 580–610 MW.
REUTERS - Germany's RWE said it expected its net income to stabilise beyond 2014, albeit at lower levels, as it targets customer-friendly products in a bid to offset a decline in traditional power generation.
SOLARSERVER - Ib vogt GmbH (Berlin) reports that it commissioned six solar photovoltaic (PV) plants totaling 80 MW in England during the first quarter of 2014. As such, all qualify for the 1.6 renewables obligation credit (ROC) rate.
PVTECH - Dubai’s state utility company has opened the tender process for 100MW solar PV generating capacity.
REUTERS - Tenaga Nasional Bhd , Malaysia's largest electricity utility, said on Monday it had signed a power purchase pact with 1Malaysia Development Bhd on the construction a solar power plant.
BLOOMBERG - Google Inc. (GOOG) is adding drones to its fleets of robots and driverless cars. The Internet-search company said yesterday that it acquired Titan Aerospace, a maker of high-altitude, solar-powered satellites that provides access to data services around the world. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed.
More news items
- 15 Apr 14 BayWa wraps up 18MW in Wales
- 15 Apr 14 IPVEA to study Global PV Supply Chain
- 14 Apr 14 Chinese Solar Module Prices in the US May Increase Up to 20% in 2014
- 14 Apr 14 United PV To Acquire 300 MW Of Large-Scale Projects From Yingli China
- 14 Apr 14 Partners Group Acquires Solar Plants in Italy, Plans to Buy More
- 14 Apr 14 Hitachi to act as EPC for 43MW Japan PV plant
- 14 Apr 14 ET solar puts 7.8 MW PV plant online in Israel
- 14 Apr 14 Trina Solar estimates lower first-quarter shipments
- 10 Apr 14 New World Solar Power Record For 1 Quarter, 2014 IHS Target Goes Up (Charts)
- 10 Apr 14 Solar energy sector sees $7 billion corporate funding in first quarter of 2014
- 10 Apr 14 Wind, solar power growing; investments aren't
- 10 Apr 14 Can A Fair Solar Price Win Over Utilities?
- 10 Apr 14 Tech Company Geostellar Is Crowd-Funding An Online Solar Marketplace, Exceeds Halfway Point ...
- 10 Apr 14 BSW-Solar to challenge proposed solar PV self-consumption charge in court
- 10 Apr 14 Martifer Solar completes 78MW of UK solar ahead of ROC deadline
- 09 Apr 14 Ukraine solar energy in jeopardy as political turmoil ensues, developer warns
- 09 Apr 14 UK solar strategy favours commercial rooftop at expense of solar farms
- 09 Apr 14 India’s Solar Power Capacity Tops 2,600 MW