BLOOMBERG - First Solar Inc. (FSLR), the largest U.S. solar-panel manufacturer, posted a 58 percent decline in profit in the fourth quarter as revenue slumped from the utility-scale power plants it’s building in the U.S. Southwest.
SOLARSERVER - The solar photovoltaic (PV) market in The Netherlands more than doubled in 2013 to at least 301 MW, according to estimates by Peter Segaar of Polder PV (Leiden, The Netherlands). Segaar estimates at least 365 MW of pre-existing PV, bringing the nation to at least 665 MW installed at the end of 2013.
RENEWS - Paris-based Solairedirect Group has been awarded two PV projects totalling 30MW in India. The wins by its Indian subsidiary came under phase 2 batch 1 of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission and will built in the state of Rajasthan.
SIM - Singapore-based Aurecon Group has won contracts to provide engineering services for three projects in the third round of the South African Department of Energy's Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Program.
N360LK - Sydney based Energy Puzzle Group will invest US$ 190 million to set up a solar panel manufacturing plant in the deep south of Sri Lanka.
BUSINESSWEEK - Canadian Solar Inc. (CSIQ:US), the best-performing solar manufacturer last year, agreed to supply 48 megawatts of modules for power plants in Japan and the U.S.
PVTECH - Running at full-capacity and benefiting from the weakness of remaining European module manufacturing competitors in Europe, REC Solar ASA is planning to expand capacity 1GW in 2014 and a further 300MW in 2015 to meet demand.
More news items
- 25 Feb 14 EDF-Backed Acme Starts 25-Megawatt Solar Plant in India
- 25 Feb 14 KIUC, REC Solar To Construct 12 MW Array In Hawaii
- 25 Feb 14 Nigeria’s first module plant operational
- 24 Feb 14 Netherlands reached 665 MW of cumulative PV capacity in 2013
- 24 Feb 14 287 MW of U.S. utility-scale solar PV comes online in January 2014
- 24 Feb 14 EC commits US$75.5 million to support renewables in Cape Verde
- 24 Feb 14 Japan’s Third-Quarter Domestic Solar Shipments Double
- 24 Feb 14 1MDB tipped to develop 50MW Malaysia solar power plant
- 24 Feb 14 Enphase And SMA To Fuel 2 GW Of Solar Micro-Inverter Shipments In 2017
- 21 Feb 14 Japan May Cut Solar Tariff by 14% as Operating Costs Decline
- 21 Feb 14 Chile reports that the 100 MW Amanecer solar PV plant is online
- 21 Feb 14 CDB provides United Photovoltaics financing for 1GW of planned PV projects
- 21 Feb 14 SunEdison Interconnects 16.4 MW Solar Power Plant For Davis-Monathan AFB
- 21 Feb 14 ReneSola Supplies 13MW Solar Modules to UK PV Plant
- 21 Feb 14 EPE, Newman Solar to build 10Mw energy plant in Texas
- 20 Feb 14 US government approves 550MW of First Solar projects
- 20 Feb 14 Vitec, ReneSola Set Up Venture to Make Solar Panels in Japan
- 20 Feb 14 South Africa: Sibanye Gold Targets 15% Solar Power to Cut Reliance on Eskom