E&T - Kyocera TCL Solar – a partnership between Japanese technology firm Kyocera and Century Tokyo Leasing – will develop and operate two floating solar power plants at Nishihira Pond and Higashihira Pond in Kato City, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan, using French firm Ciel et Terre’s Hydrelio floating solar platforms.
SunEdison, Chilean Los Pelambres Mine close an agreement on solar power supply from the 69.5 MW Javiera PV project04 Sep 14 - 11:45 CEST
SOLARSERVER - SunEdison, Inc. (St. Peters, Missouri, U.S.) and Los Pelambres mine (Antofagasta Province, Chile) on September 3rd, 2014 announced that they have reached an agreement for the long-term sale of solar power to Los Pelambres.
SIM - LG Electronics USA has signed a contract with Borrego Solar Systems Inc. to supply 24 MW of its solar modules to the California-based developer.
RENEWS - Eneco has inaugurated the 10.3MW Sevor solar plant in Wiltshire, England, with help from local schoolchildren.
PVTECH - China-based PV manufacturer and the largest PV system integrator, TBEA SunOasis has signed cooperation agreement with Wushi County Government, Xinjiang to build a 20MW PV power plant.
BLOOMBERG - Shunfeng Photovoltaic International Ltd. (1165), which plans to become one of the world’s biggest solar cell manufacturers this year, said it’s speaking with as many as five banks about finance for expanding installations.
SOLARSERVER - Trina Solar Limited (Changzhou, China) on September 2nd, 2014 announced it has entered into a share purchase agreement and acquired a 90% stake in Yunnan Metallurgical New Energy Co. Ltd.
More news items
- 03 Sep 14 ReneSola Developing 13 MW Solar Farm In The U.K.
- 03 Sep 14 Wuxi Suntech to Invest $2.5 Billion in Japan Solar, Nikkei Says
- 03 Sep 14 Juwi plants flag in Philippines with 6.25MW plant
- 02 Sep 14 Hitachi High-Tech, Etrion to Build 34MW of Japan Solar Projects
- 02 Sep 14 TBEA SunOasis signs new PV project agreements totalling 1.27GW in China
- 02 Sep 14 IPP Sonnedix closes financing on first solar PV project in Japan
- 02 Sep 14 Islamic finance seeks to go green with environment-based products
- 02 Sep 14 Australian Government Advised to Slash Support for Solar
- 02 Sep 14 HelioSage sells 77MW North Carolina portfolio
- 01 Sep 14 Chinese solar company Shunfeng to buy Germany's SAG Solarstrom
- 01 Sep 14 Japan’s Domestic Solar Shipments Rose 14% on Large Projects
- 01 Sep 14 Solar in India: Telangana starts solicitation for 500 MW of PV projects
- 01 Sep 14 Glennmont raises €500m for renewable energy investments
- 01 Sep 14 Fluor Completes EPC and Commissioning of LS Power’s 170MW Centinela Solar Plant in California
- 01 Sep 14 LDK Solar founder and chairman steps down
- 28 Aug 14 Myanmar: First solar energy plants planned with $480mln US fund
- 28 Aug 14 U.S. electrical generation from renewables hits 14.3% as solar generation more than doubles
- 28 Aug 14 Hareon Solar teams with TRITEC on 600MW of international PV projects