SOLARSERVER - The outlook for the residential solar photovoltaic (PV) segment in the United States remains strong, with policymakers looking to reduce the regulatory burden for new installations and major downstream players focusing on continued installed system cost reduction.
RENEWS - Solar producer Etrion Corp and Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation have started construction of two PV projects in Japan totalling 34MW.
REUTERS - SolarCity Corp, the largest installer of residential solar panels in the United States, said it would offer up to $200 million of solar bonds and launch a new online investment site for investors to buy the debt.
BLOOMBERG - Sharp Corp. (6753) and Orix Corp. (8591) completed an 8-megawatt solar power station in central Japan.
IEA PVPS “Trends in Photovoltaic Applications” report: About 40 GW of solar PV capacity installed in 201314 Oct 14 - 12:50 CEST
SOLARSERVER - The International Energy Agency’s Photovoltaic Power System Programme (IEA PVPS, Paris, France) published its 19th “Trends in Photovoltaic Applications” report on October 13th, 2014.
PVTECH - The US has seen a surge of Chinese and Taiwanese PV imports as companies seek to secure low-cost product ahead of the imposition of trade duties.
CT - In a move that they hope will shake industry giants like SolarCity and Sunrun, Soligent have announced they are to acquire the US solar distribution division of Conergy, and in conjunction with a deal earlier in the year to buy SunWize’s distribution unit, Soligent now serves over 5,000 solar dealers.
More news items
- 14 Oct 14 JinkoSolar To Supply 21.5 MW Of PV Modules For Searchlight Solar Project
- 14 Oct 14 Eletrosul to Borrow $34 Million for Brazil Wind and Solar Power
- 14 Oct 14 Canadian Solar to deliver 24.3MW for EDF
- 13 Oct 14 Triodos Uses Vivienne Westwood Crowdfund Site for Windfarm Cash
- 13 Oct 14 IEA charts course to 2040 African renewables upsurge
- 13 Oct 14 REC widens SolarCity deal to 220MW
- 13 Oct 14 SPI Solar subsidiary signs EPC agreement for 20MW Solar PV project in Inner Mongolia
- 13 Oct 14 Canadian Solar Secures $46M In Project Financing
- 13 Oct 14 LDK Solar subsidiary to supply PV modules totaling 60.5 MW with a solar project in ...
- 10 Oct 14 Panama postpones its first solar energy auction to Nov. 25, 2014
- 10 Oct 14 SolarCity Introducing First-Of-Its-Kind “MyPower” Solar Financing Option
- 10 Oct 14 Indian manufacturing not enough as ambitious government eyes projects
- 10 Oct 14 Furnas seeks Brazil solar partners
- 10 Oct 14 Doubts over China 8GW rooftop solar target
- 10 Oct 14 Guardsman Invests In Solar Company For Caribbean Push Into Renewables Market
- 10 Oct 14 Wind farms scrapped for solar energy
- 10 Oct 14 China tariffs on coal could rebound on Australian solar industry
- 07 Oct 14 Samsung Group’s solar business may go dark