BLOOMBERG - Acquisitions in the solar industry will take off as manufacturers and developers prepare for the expiration of a tax credit that’s helping drive a U.S. installation boom.
SOLARSERVER - AU Optronics Corp. (Hsinchu, Taiwan) on October 21st, 2014 announced its participation at PV Taiwan 2014 to be held from October 22nd to 24th at TWTC Exhibition Hall. AUO’s solar solution brand, BenQ Solar, will showcase a series of light-weight and high efficiency solar photovoltaic (PV) modules.
PRN - ET Solar Energy Corp. ("ET Solar"), a leading smart energy solutions provider, announces that it has supplied 5 MW polycrystalline photovoltaic modules to a leading mining operation in Suriname.
SIM - San Francisco-based Ecoplexus Inc. has closed financing and started construction on three solar photovoltaic projects totaling 21 MW in North Carolina.
SOLARSERVER - With Michelle Bachelet, President of the Republic of Chile, Isabel Allende, President of the Chilean Senate, and Máximo Pacheco, Minister of Energy in attendance, First Solar (Tempe, Arizona, US) on October 17th, 2014 ceremonially installed the first solar photovoltaic (PV) panel for the 141 Megawatt (MWac) Luz del Norte Solar Power Plant.
BLOOMBERG - Sky Solar Holdings Co., a Hong Kong-based developer planning an initial public offering, will invest 12 billion yen ($112 million) in a 40-megawatt project in northern Japan, the Iwate Nippo newspaper reported.
RENEWS - Defra has revealed plans to cut subsidy payments to farmers for fields featuring solar panels. Environment Secretary Liz Truss described PV developments as a “blight” on the countryside and said farmland should be used for growing food and crops.
More news items
- 20 Oct 14 IFC finalizes $207.5m loan for construction of seven solar plants in Jordan
- 20 Oct 14 JinkoSolar Supplied 34MW of Solar Modules for Four sPower PV Projects
- 17 Oct 14 As Japan eyes nuclear restarts, renewables get shut out of grid
- 17 Oct 14 Orix presses ahead with solar despite grid constraints
- 17 Oct 14 India’s Solar Power Targets Too High For Domestic Module Manufacturers, Claims Report
- 17 Oct 14 SunEdison in Talks for $2 Billion Polysilicon Plant in China
- 17 Oct 14 At Mining Sites Renewable Energy Systems are up to 70 Percent Less Expensive than Diesel Power
- 17 Oct 14 JinkoSolar subsidiary signs 200 MW PV project development agreement with government of ...
- 16 Oct 14 MVV Energie Buys Juwi Majority Stake as Utility Goes Renewable
- 16 Oct 14 SunEdison signs JV agreement with JIC Capital to develop up to 1 GW of solar PV projects in ...
- 16 Oct 14 8minutenergy Renewables gets green light for 135MW solar farm in California
- 16 Oct 14 SPI Solar Enters into Japanese PV Market by providing EPC Services for 6MW plant
- 16 Oct 14 Solarcentury's new 48 MW solar farm pledges higher environmental standards
- 16 Oct 14 ET starts 8.7MW Lightsource build
- 15 Oct 14 Canadian Solar scores 146MW deal in Honduras
- 15 Oct 14 India boosts solar targets with 1GW auction plan for Andhra Pradesh
- 15 Oct 14 NPD Solarbuzz: US residential solar PV demand approaching 1 GW per annum
- 15 Oct 14 Etrion building 34MW in Japan