First SolarLowering the costs of solar electricity
This goal has driven First Solar to become one of the fastest growing manufacturers of solar modules in the world. First Solar FS Series 2 PV Modules represent the latest advancements in solar module technology, and are rapidly driving the cost of solar electricity to rates comparable with traditional fossil fuel-based energy sources.
The First Solar Corporate Mission
To create enduring value by enabling a world powered by clean, affordable solar electricity.
* First Solar was formed in 1999 and launched production of commercial products in 2002
* First Solar has achieved the lowest manufacturing cost per watt in the industry, $.98/watt for the fourth quarter of 2008, breaking the $1 per watt price barrier
* First Solar is the largest manufacturer of thin film solar modules, having expanded manufacturing capacity to an expected 735 MW in 2008; and with additional plants under construction, First Solar will bring total expected capacity to more than 1 GW by the end of 2009 (see chart on right)
* First Solar developed the first pre-funded module collection and recycling program in the PV industry
* First Solar’s IPO took place on November 17, 2006; Common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol FSLR