McKinsey&Company recently published a global PV market potential study. Solarplaza talks to Krister Aanesen, one of the authors of the market report. Krister Aanesen is a Junior Partner in McKinsey & Company’s Oslo office. He has been with McKinsey since 2004 and works in McKinsey’s Sustainability and Resource Productivity (SRP) practice, where he has a primary focus on solar power and renewable energy. As part of his work he serves solar manufacturing companies, utilities and industrial companies on strategic, organizational and operational topics.
U.S. government antidumping penalties on imports of photovoltaic (PV) cells from China could suspend nearly half of solar module shipments to North America this year, impacting pricing, inventories and project timelines, according to an IHS iSuppli PV Perspectives report from information and analytics provider IHS.
Solar Power at the Crossroads: Photovoltaic markets saw record growth in 2011, but industry faces short-term challenges09 May 12 - 16:05 CEST
Solar photovoltaic (PV) electricity continued its remarkable growth trend in 2011, even in the midst of a financial and economic crisis and even as the PV industry was enduring a period of consolidation. As they have for the past decade, PV markets again grew faster than anyone had expected both in Europe and around the world.
Solarplaza presents its latest Top 10 of the world's largest solar PV projects under construction. Nine of the ten projects mentioned in this Top 10 are under construction in the USA and one is under construction in Italy. If you would like to receive the Top 20 of the Largest Solar PV projects under construction List and receive updates about our other ...
NEW YORK – Within the next five years solar energy in a large portion of the US will be cheaper than power from the grid. Costs of solar panels and installation keep moving down, wile the transportation costs of electricity move up. When solar power reaches the ‘holy grail’ of grid parity the solar market in the US will boost, and a sleeping giant will ...
‘The market share of Chinese manufacturers will increase, but the high-quality inverters will remain in European hands'19 Apr 12 - 15:46 CEST
Solarplaza recently published a Top 10 of the most efficient solar PV central inverters (100kW). We decided we wanted to learn more about the inverter industry and therefore talked to some key players: SMA and Ingeteam. We spoke about the global solar PV inverter industry, new inverter technologies and the biggest solar PV inverter markets.
Last year, Bill Gates noted in an interview with Alan Murray of the Wall Street Journal that technologies like solar photovoltaics and LED lights were "cute" but could never deal with the bigger issue of climate change and powering the developing world.
- 13 Apr 12 PV Module Suppliers Switch Tactics as Wafer Prices fall 70%
- 04 Apr 12 Global PV Installations to Grow by up to 21 Percent in 2012 Predicts IMS Research
- 23 Mar 12 Winfried Hoffmann Becomes new EPIA President
- 23 Mar 12 ‘The residential market of Wallonia should reach a steady speed during 2012’
- 06 Mar 12 Belgium’s 2011 PV market beats previous record year 2009: 687 MW, with more still in ...
- 01 Mar 12 ‘We believe that the Indian PV market has a huge potential’
- 27 Feb 12 PV Balance of System Market to Reach $24 Billion in 2016
- 20 Feb 12 Belgium solar energy grows against the current
- 17 Feb 12 The Indian Solar Market: Policies & Outlook
- 14 Feb 12 “Real potential solar power lies beyond National Solar Mission”
- 02 Feb 12 “The Indian PV market will be very hot in the next five years”
- 18 Jan 12 Solar energy - South Africa’s job creation powerhouse
- 17 Jan 12 Stock-Listed Solar PV Companies lost more than 30 billion dollars in 2011
- 13 Jan 12 India: “Solar power to exceed government target”
- 11 Jan 12 High-Tech Solar Inverter Industry in European Hands
- 09 Jan 12 “Italian market expected to plummet to 2.5 GW in 2012" say experts
- 23 Dec 11 “The Monti Government is giving great hope to the country”
- 16 Dec 11 World’s most efficient polycrystalline module is Dutch